27

twenty seven.

My mom. The women I haven't see in fourteen years is right in front of me. With her new husband and new kids. I was shocked, "Mom?" She then started crying when I said what I've been waiting to say to her for these past fourteen years. She walked over and sat down next to me, right across from Leah. Her and Leah made eye contact, "Why're you here, mom?" She looks down at me like I'm a newborn baby she's just seeing, "Why am I here? Matt hunny, you've been in a terrible accident. What happened? Did somebody hit yo-" I was about to answer when Leah squeezed my hand, "No someone didn't hit him, he tried to kill himself." I looked over and Leah was so mad. She knew my mom was no longer in the picture really but, she didn't know she had a new family. My mom looked so sad, "Matt, baby boy, why would you try to do that? Where was you father." Leah was so mad but, I looked at her and she calmed down, "Why do you care, mom? When have you ever cared? For the past twelve years I've been calling and you've never answered once. Now I actually do something on behalf of you and you care why I did it?" She looked taken back, "On behalf of me? Matt why would I ever want you to do this?" I sigh, "Well no one else cares about me. I don't have anyone anymore." I pause, "except for Leah." My mom takes my hand, "Matt, I love you so much you have to believe me." I get so mad that I rip my hand away from Leah, "Well you suck at fucking showing it." I yell and Leah pushed her chair back a little out of fear. Then that man comes over, "Hey don't talk to your mother like that." I don't even listen to what he says. All I'm focused on is Leah, "Leah baby I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." My mom takes her hand off of my shoulder, "No Matt please, please don't tell me you hit her." I sit up, "What the hell would it be to you if I did? That's all I ever knew when I was a child. That's the only thing I ever got when I was younger. You didn't even try to take me out of that situation. You let a fucking three year old decide what was best for himself." She looked at me with a straight face, "You are just like Daniel said. Just like your father." I broke. My eyes started watering and I reached for my security blanket, Leah. I cried into her neck, "I'm nothing like him. I promise. I promise I'm not like him. I'm a good person." My mom is standing outside the room and then I hear my dad walk in, "You out now." Leah was terrified of him so she left. The door was still open and my dad started going off, "You idiot, why would you crash the fucking car. Where you drunk? Of course you were because, you have no fucking brains. Where you on your way to your dumb little whore's house? Well that's over. You're a fucking idiot, no wonder your mother left because, of you." Then security restrained him and Leah walked in and hugged me, "Matt, remember you're not any of those things." Then I saw my mom signing something and the nurses told her I could go home with her.. Oh god.

.............................................................

599 words
Next will still be Matt's POV.