37

thirty seven.

"Matt? What're we doing here?" He had his jaw clenched and just sat there for a little, "I wish none of this ever happened. I wish I was still here with my dad. Even though it was hell living with him it's better than my mom." I look at him confused, "Matt what do you mea-" he answered my question in the middle of it, "I mean my mom tried to make me the perfect son but, she didn't even want me in the first place. Do you know how that makes me feel. To know she can just move on from me and go have newer, more perfect kids. With her newer, more perfect husband. I don't know why I ever wanted to see her. She's nothing like I thought she would be. She talked about you all bad until I told her about your dad and then she feels like you're a little lost puppy, when you're not." I was shocked. Not at all of what he just said but, that he told his mom about my dad. He knows how I feel about telling people about that, "You told her about my dad?" He nods, "She was asking me all these questions and I didn't know what you want me to say. Lie to her? Because, I couldn't." I shake my head, "That's no excuse." He tries to apologise, "Leah please, I'm so-" I shake my head again, "No Matt just, just bring me home. Now." He drove me home in silence and when I got in I sat on my bed frozen. Thinking about how, his mother was only nice to me because, of my dad's death.

.............................................................

283 words
Idk how I'm gonna end this