Chapter 1

"This is my fight song, take back my life song, prove I'm alright song.." Karen's alarm went off.
It was the first day of school and Karen was so excited to get up and ready for her first day.

"Karen darling!" Her mother yelled from the downstairs kitchen.

"Yes mother?" Karen yelled back down as she was putting on a pink ruffle dress.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Her mother yelled once again.

Karen finished putting on her dress and started doing her makeup "Uh anything will be fine!" Karen screamed.

Her mother started cooking eggs and bacon with a side of apple slices on peanut buttered toast. Karen started jogging down the steep hardwood stairs "Mom do I look okay?"

"Yes you look just Darlin' " her mother replied back, handing Karen her breakfast.

Buzz! Buzz! It was Karen's phone it was a text from her Best friend Jade "Hey are you at school yet?"

"No, I am on my way, are there any cute new guys?" Karen texted her back.

"Yes, like oh my god!" Replied Jade

"I'm coming!" Karen replied filled with joy.

Karen ran for the door and started heading to school, leaving nothing but crumbs on her plate.

"Hey Karen!!" Her best friend Jocelyn shouted from the distance.

Karen sprinted faster than a cheetah to her group of best friends, their names were Jade, Katie and Jocelyn, they all had been best friends for 6 years and, no-one could ever split them apart.

"Hey!" Karen said silently staring at Jocelyn's hair "Jocelyn, did you get a haircut, it looks good!"

"Oh yeah I did I think it looks horrible but I guess that's just me." Jocelyn answered.

Katie started playing with her hair, "Guy's the popular girls are coming over here!"

"Oh my god" Jade whispered as she started getting worried.

Britney the leader of the popular girls came over and started walking around Karen's group of friends, with her hands on her hips "Well, well, well what do we have here, 4 nerds trying to get a boyfriend."

"Shut up!!" Karen yelled kicking Britney in the ankle "Honestly go bug some other group, not just us."

"Never!" Yelled Britney.

"Looks like we have a criminal on the loose looking for trouble" Jocelyn giggled.

Cynthia looked awkwardly at Jocelyn and, started mimicking what she said.

"Make that two criminals, more like idiots." Katie said laughing harder than she ever did before.