: Chapter 1 :

[Riley's POV]

"Wake up, sweetie." My mom said softly

"Do I have to, it's summer for crying outloud!" I groan.

"Well, I thought you'd want to say bye to your friends? And most definitely pack your bags, for Aunt Reneè's" she said.

"Oh crap! I forgot" I shout. I shot out of bed, sprinting toward the bathroom. I got in the shower, then got out. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and put it in a braid. I put on my favorite Hollister jeans, and my favorite crop top that said "Coffee lover".

I was about to walk out the bathroom, but out of the corner of my eye I saw a big black spider in the corner of the Bathroom.

"Mooooommmm!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

I could hear her foot steps coming up the stairs.

"Riley, are you ok?" She asked.

I could see the concern in her Green eyes.

"N-no" I stuttered while, pointing at the enormous creature on the wall.

She turned to look at where I was pointing.

"Oh my, he's big." she said, in awe.

"That's what she said" I blurted out on accident. Whoops.. That was meant to stay in my head.

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Sorry, mommy." I said in an innocent voice.

"You better be, because the soap is 5 ft away from you, now why did you call me and not your father?"

"Well, you were the only one in mind at the time." I said honestly.

"Better find a man, that will kill spiders for you, because I'm tired of it" she said bitterly.

"Now go get me a towel." she said.

I gave her the towel that I used. I wish I wasn't so scared of spiders. Ughh.

WHAM!

Dang, that was quick. You would've thought she was scared of those nasty creatures. But she's not.

"Riley, you better get going if you want to go see your friends before you leave to Washington" my mom said in a stern voice.

"Alright mom, is it ok  if I take my new jeep?" I asked.

"Of course hunny." she said.

"Thanks mom, I'll text you when I'm done."

I ran downstairs to say good morning to my dad, which he was eating a pancake and reading the newspaper. He looked up and saw me.

"Morning, princess." he said.

"Morning, daddy I'm gonna go out and hang with some friends before I leave to Washington. So I have to go!"

"Bye, princess. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." He laughed

"What things have you not done?!" I giggled.