Chapter Six: Real and True

AN: The picture of Lola Monroe is meant to represent Juniper's new look. Ya like it? I DO!!!

ROCKY POV

It's been a month since I told Juno how I felt about her. Yams and Ferg swore that they would never tell. She clearly feels the same, but she won't say it like I want her to. I can't keep waiting, so for the moment I'm moving on with my girlfriend, Chanel Iman. I really love my stepsister but I'm too impatient for this shit. I took my baby to a Knicks game tonight, and on the other side of the court I saw my nigga J.Cole all hugged up on some familiar-looking girl with a short haircut with some of it shaved in the back. It was jet black and she wore a purple velvet bustier crop top, black harem pants with nude Tessa heels. It wasn't until I saw on Kiss Cam who it was...

Juniper.

I heard rumors that Cole was dating some chick, but I didn't know it was her! She changed her look, and damn she looked good. I want to talk to her, but she's with her "man". He may be her man, but I'm that nigga that's her nigga even when she has a nigga. Fuck it, I'm a jiggy nigga always.

JUNIPER POV

So J.Cole and I have been dating for a month now. I haven't told anyone because we're just kinda into it. I saw Rocky and Chanel Iman. They look cute together, hopefully they'll last so he can leave me the HELL alone. I don't regret what happened, but I don't want it to be lingering in my mind....especially since Daddy heard about me and Cole through my older half-sister Dyana. I just found out about her a few years ago, and we're so close it's like we've never been apart haha! I moved out of L.A. and now I go to Temple University to get my Master's. They offered me more funds so I jumped on that. Dyana lives with me along with her son, C.J. Our own little family, eh? C.J.'s gone to spend some time with his daddy so me and Dy have been just cooling! We were watching Friday the 13th (the original) when Dyana picked up the phone.

Dyana: Hey Daddy! We're fine....she's sitting down. Wait, why? Oh...........oh no! Wh-when??? No no, I'll tell her. 

Me: What's wrong?

I turned off the tv and Dyana turned back to face me. 

Dyana: Adrian died.

I gasped. Adrian was Rocky's dad. He loved Rakim, taught him everything and even though he and Daddy never saw eye to eye on things, there was that mutual respect for one another. He treated me good too! I immediately grabbed my iPhone and dialed Rocky's number. He didn't pick up!

I dialed again, no answer.

About the seventh time, I got an answer, except it was from his girlfriend.

Me: Rakim? What the hell? I'm sorry about your dad, I--

Chanel: No, this is Chanel. Can I help you?

Me: You can put my brother on the phone.

Chanel: He's not really in a talking mood, Juno. I can tell him you called. I was about to send you an e-mail for the funeral service. 

Me:  Would you please?

Chanel: Of course. 

Me: Thanks. 

We hung up and within 15 minutes, Chanel sent me the info I needed to attend the service. I know this has to be a crushing blow to Rakim....he was close to his dad, and although I can't be with him on a romantic note, I'm here as his sister. Why fuck that up, right???