Chapter Seven: Freek'n You...After the Funeral, Of Course

ROCKY POV

Today is the day that we're having the funeral for my dad. I'm feeling numb as fuck...my dad is gone. That was my nigga. He was the first person to hold me, feed me, gave me love and put in work to take care of us when we were shorties. He's the realest G, I hope he's cool up there...sipping cutty and water with B.I.G. I know Juno's gonna be there, but I don't really give a fuck about DeVante. He and my Pops STAYED into it. Pops liked him at first, but that went left SUPER quick. Why? Because when my mom separated from DeVante, he threw us out on the street and we lived in a shelter. Although they got back together, it made my Pops feel some type of way. I can't fucking stand DeVante! He used to beat our ass, and he and Pops came to blows because of it. I blame him for a lot: shattering Erica's self-esteem, Ricky being killed, us being in a shelter, me being thrown out on the street, and being estranged from Juno.

My mother was devastated. They had been together since she was 20, and broke up when my baby sister was a year old. Despite that, they remained close. People were signing the book, Juno walked into the service wearing a nice lace black dress. Chanel was doing a runway show in Dubai so she couldn't make it. I went up to her and just sobbed in her arms.

Juniper: Sssssh.....

She wiped my face and as if on cue, that faggot ass nigga DeVante came up with his daughter Dyana and spoke to me.

DeVante: Rakim....I--

Me: Man, FUCK YOU DEVANTE!!!

DeVante: Look man, I'm sorry about your Pops. We didn't see eye to eye but---

Juno rubbed my back and I calmed down.

Me: Sorry? 17 years later and NOW ya sorry? Get out my face, bruh bruh! You glad my Pops is gone! You fucking hated us, man.

DeVante: I loved you like I love my natural children!!! I was hard on you, but I had to be! I did the best I could, I did! Look at where your brother is!

I went after him, but Juno and Dyana held us back. I stormed off into the viewing area.

Juniper: Honestly? You had to bring up Ricky, here? At Adrian's funeral? You're such an asshole...

DeVante: Wait---

AFTER THE SERVICE / BURIAL ....

I hugged my mother, stepmother, and little brothers before they drove back to Jersey.

Juniper: Rakim...I...

Me: I'm hungry, you wanna eat?

Juniper: Can we go to Bubs'?

Me: You still remember huh?

She nodded her head, extended her hand, and smiled. I smiled back and we got in the car to the restaurant.

 AT BUBS'....

Man,  I ain't been to this mofo since I was 16 and Juno was 14. At 4:45, Juno would leave volleyball practice and I'd take her here for some nice seafood. I'd eat the fried rice balls and she'd have seafood macaroni. She would have a blue/red Icee and I'd have a straight blue one. It's been a while since we had some quality sibling time and this is a perfect opportunity to pick up where we left off.

Juniper: Rice balls?

Me: Haha! NOT THIS TIME, BRUH BRUH!!!

Juniper: What?

I ordered steak and rice, and predictably she ordered the seafood macaroni. We decided to share a super  big white cherry Icee together. We sat down and ate.