Chapter Five-Fireflies and Snow White's Prince

/#*(Danny's POV)*#/

I really don't know why we stopped talking. We were best friends. I watched her as she walked into the room. Her thin frame looking in danger of breaking. Maggie.

Long nights, the glow of the bonfire outlining her perfect figure. Her and Nate chased fireflies like little kids. I turned away from my friends, as some girl pulled my face twards hers again. No. I sipped my stolen Bud Light. I needed to be with Nate and Maggie. 

But that was to long ago. I'd forgotten Maggie. Out with the old and in with the new, right? Then why did I want those night back? To be in Nates place this time? Why did I want to chase fireflies with her?

AHG. I shook off the feeling, but continued to watch her. She pulled off her sweat shirt, the blue cammie underneath revealing her ribs. Maggie, what happened to you? She pulled on the fluffy dress. 

I have a kiss with her today. On stage.

Fuck.

I look around at everybody doing something. Everyone but me. Ishould probly find something to do. Thats when I find something.

I walked over to Maggie.

"You need help Magg Pie?" She used to love it when I called her that. She seemed to jump at my words. I don't blame her we hadn't talked since two summers ago. We were in the play together but we only talked on stage, about stage stuff. Her face went red.

"Um..." she laughed awkwardly, "Sure... Thanks."

I zipped her dress, then put my hands on her elbows and steered her tward the full body mirrior. She looked so small. I looked her up and down. The edge of her skinny jeans stuck out of the bottom of the dress. We were a sight to see right then, my curly red hair sticking out from under my crown. Her skin felt cold under my hands.

"Magg Pie?" I asked. What the hell was I doing? Fuck. To late.

"Yah?" She looked confused. Lost. Scared. But most of all, alone.

"You look so beuatiful." I couldn't help it. Fuck. I had to say it though. She look so.. so.. perfect.