Chapter Nine-I'm Back

(Nate's POV)

The last thing I saw was the careless look on Danny's face as he punched me a second time. What happenned again? Hm. I was aware of a beep every few seconds. Where the hell am I? It burned to open my eyes, but I did anyway.

"Nate, honey! Oh my I was so worried! Nurse he's awake! Nurse!" As the cloudlyness left my eyes I looked up into the smiling face of my mother and a worried looking nurse.

"Mum..." I said, My voice sounded raspy and soft. "What happenned?"

"Ma'am? Um... Ms. Hamm, we're gonna need you to leave for a few minutes while we check up on Nathaniel." Said the nurse wringing her hands like she was being tested.

"Yes of course, please tell me when your done." Said as she left the room.

The doctors ran the tests, taking some blood, checking my eyes, my hearing, and my balance, I threw up twice. When the tests were over I was told I could fall back asleep.

When I awoke for the second time my mother was sitting in a chair in the corner and an officer was standing next to her.

"There is the option of pressing charges. Both boys are at age the of 18. You could get a restraining order." Said the officer as my mother nodded her head. they hadn't noticed me yet so I spoke up.

"Mum, I'm not gonna press charges. I'm not gonna do anything. It's not his fault and its not mine."

"Are you sure thats what you want Nathaniel?" She asked. I hated how she called me by my full name.

"Yes." I feel back asleep then.

When I woke back up for the third time I could feel someone holding my hand. Their small fingers squised mine, and I gipped back.

"Nate?" It was Jemma this time.

"Jemmie?" I asked. I slowly open my eyes, this time when I looked around the sceen was different. Balloons were tied to the foot of the bed, and my friends were sprawled out across the room. Jamie slept in the chair at the end of my bed, his headphones in, Trav in the chair next to him, also with his headphones in. Mac and Maggie were on a small couch, his arm around her, her head on his chest. They were asleep too.

The sight of Malcom and Maggie made me smile, she deserved a guy like him. Not one like Danny. Danny... Danny. He hit me. Didn't he?

"Nate. Oh my god. I was so scared. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." She didn't bring her voice above a wisper,being careful not to wake the others.

"Its okay." I said. I pulled her head down to mine and kissed her lips. "Tell me what happenned."

"You mean you don't remember?" She asked seeming shocked. I shook my head. She recapped the entire story. Maggie leaving, then running into Danny in the hall. They came here as soon as the bell rang ditching their cars at the school and all cramming into Malcoms SUV. 

When she was done I let out a long breath. We sat in silence for a while. I soon relized that she too, had fallen asleep. I was wide awake.