Chapter three

Maddie' ᑭ.O.ᐯ

I felt a drop of water on my forehead, and another. I opened my drugged eyes and realised where I was, the walls were concreted in and the only way out of the abandoned room was a window at least five metres high.

My eyes opened wide when the last thing I could remember was going to a club with Lucky. I stood up wiping the dirt off my jeans, my head ached, and my throat was raspy. I walked over to the closest wall and tried banging on it, my knuckles stung and there was no sign of a hollow wall to break through.

My bag was missing, which had my phone and credit card in it. My breathing quickened and my legs collapsed on me. I started sobbing and a tear fell from my face onto my leg. My sobbing turned into full on crying, I stayed there crying on my knees until I heard a voice.

Wiping the tears away, I ran over to a wall and tried to hear more clearly and moved onto the next when I couldn't hear it. I finally heard it on the third wall.
"We can't just let her die, get her some food and a cup of water this instance." It was a women's voice.

Slowly a part of the roof opened  light rushed in and a rustic ladder came tumbling down. A man came down it seconds after, with a tray full of food and a cup of water in one hand.
I rushed towards him greedily, like I was a little girl wishing to open her presents.
"Take it, it's the only meal you're getting for the next three days" the man stated harshly
I didn't really care at the moment, I went to grab the tray when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer,
"Keep safe" the man whispered.
"Jasper is that you" I whispered back, in shock.

He left not answering and the room became dull again. The tray included altogether, a banana, two pieces of plain toast, a bowl of fruit and a cup of fresh water. I gulped the water down first, then began enjoying the food. Once I was finished I placed the tray down, and thought about my older brother. He was here the whole time, not in Europe, but why I thought.

The light from the window had disappeared, so I guessed it was night with only the moon's light shining across the boring room. I shivered in my thin jacket and hugged my cold, weak body. I tried to sleep and get away from my thoughts, but I couldn't. I stayed awake instead lying on the freezing concrete ground, with my body tightly secured in a ball. My head still ached from the night before but I slowly dazed off.

The next day was boring, and no one came in with any food, my tummy growled. The next day was the same, still with no visit. By the fourth day I was too weak to stand, the only thing that was keeping me sane was the sunlight changing every second, telling me tomorrow was near.

TᕼᗩᑎK YOᑌ TO ᗩᑎYOᑎE ᗯᕼO Iᔕ ᖇEᗩᗪIᑎG TᕼIᔕ, I ᗩᗰ ᔕOᖇᖇY I ᕼᗩᐯEᑎ'T ᑭOᔕTEᗪ Iᑎ ᗩ ᗯᕼIᒪE I ᕼᗩᐯE ᗷEEᑎ ᗷᑌᔕY. I ᗯIᒪᒪ TᖇY TO ᑌᑭᗪᗩTE ᗰOᖇE OᖴTEᑎ.

ᖇEᗰEᗰᗷEᖇ TO
ᒪIKE
ᑕOᗰᗰEᑎT
ᔕᕼᗩᖇE

ᑭEᗩᑕE OᑌT

ᕼᗩᒪIᔕᗰIᒪE