chapter 2

Dan's pov

The day I have been dreading has finally come. New school new teachers new faces new problems. I've had enough of people saying it's a fresh start because to me it's more danger and more time to spend reading books in the library at lunch in a corner on my own.

I drag my body out of bed and head to the shower. After the shower is the hard bit. Choosing what to wear I don't want to try to hard but I also don't want people to think I'm a hobbo. I finally decide on a black shirt and some black jeans.

Looking at the time I begin to head downstairs to grab some toast quickly as I feel quite sick to eat a full breakfast. I find my mum sitting at the counter looking slightly upset about something then when she notices me she smiles. I decide to not ask her what's wrong because I don't want her to have to tell me if she didn't want to. 'Wheres dad?' I ask while placing a piece of toast into the toaster. 'Oh just getting some groceries' she replied not sounding to convinced with her answer. 'Are you excited for school' she asks obviously changing the subject. 'Yes a bit' say lying straight through my teeth. When I'm about to ask what's wrong the toast pops up and I begin to get distracted with how only one side of the toast is toasted.

I munch it down anyway and begin to search for my phone. As though she knew what I was doing my mum points to the counter beside the toaster where my phone is placed. I grab it and begin to head out the door when I turn around realising I forgot my keys my mum stands in front of me dangling them in front of her. I hate when she does that. I grab them and give her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading out to a day of misery and torture.