The first hour (part 2)

Dylan's POV:

I listened as Rebecca explained her Theory, of that every hour a loud ticking starts, during that time something takes over your mind putting you in a comatose state. How did she except me to believe all of this, it's illogical! But still at the moment it's the only thing that makes sense.

"I am currently unsure of what happens while you are knocked out but we will find that out later, for now I am trying to figure out the source of this 'ticking' that apparently either knocks you out or takes over your mind."

All of the talk about time, and ticking reminded me of the room I had came upon while looking for a place to put Cat. The walls where covers in clocks, all pointing at the same time, the clicking noise that comes from a clock was multiplied hundreds of times and in perfect sync. Not one clock in the room seemed to have a separate time from the rest, they weren't even a second off.

There was one that stood out to me, as if it was a extremely important puzzle piece in the puzzle before us. It was in the very back and in line with the door. It was intricately carved with animals and people as if it was telling a story. A story of love war and loss. I had no need for that room so I turned around closeting the door behind me, heading to the next room.

I looked up at Rebecca, and told her of what I had seen. I hadn't noticed but Heather's eyes shot open after I mentioned the room her face twisting with shock, anger, and fear. Yet she said nothing. Where is this room? I'd like to investigate." Rebeca asked,

"It's the first room from the exit, on the right." I continued, as I strode over to the room I had described and opening the door.

Heather's POV:

All I could think about was about what had happened before, it felt like something was trying to shove them selfs into my brain, only to be helped with the wringing echoing in my brain. It had consumed me and my thoughts. Wondering, and just being afraid of what is to happen next. Rebecca had just explained what she thinks is going on, I can't say that what she had said is false. Then she asked if someone had found a possible source, 'a source?' I thought, believing I'd be the next victim I payed close attention to what he said. He started to go on about a room full of clocks, 'this has to be the reason this has to be it. The way to stop this, maybe this could set us free!' I thought. "Where is it?" Rebecca asked, my head shot up and my eyes widened. 'This will save us, what should I do?'

"It's the door closest to the entrance, to the left" Dylan spoke, then with that I ran to the room and ripped the door off, inside the whole room was covered with clocks.

I freaked out, and screamed "I'm not going to die!!" As I did the only thing I knew how to do, I threw them off the wall to the ground wildly. Grabbing some and punching the glass faces, which scattered under the force of my fist ripping out the hands and throwing the rest to the ground.

I continued my rampage until someone had to hold me back, I turned around to see Matt holding both of my arms behind me looking at me with a distressed smile. "Please stop." He sighed, wiping the smile off his face only to look as if he deflated. "This isn't normal. There is something wrong." He stared at me until I finally cooled off, I looked around the room once again to see glass strewn across the room. My hands began to pulse, I looked at them to see there was glass stuck inside my hands my hands smeared with a sticky red liquid.

"I-I'm sorry." I mumbled leavening the room having not destroying only one clock. The large grandfather clock. I hadn't even acknowledge its existence.

I turned around and walked out of the room, Matt following close behind.

"The next hour isn't coming, I'm ok."