Chapter 4: Punished

Emily's POV:

I was kissing Cameron when all of the sudden, my dad walked into Cam's apartment.

"Young lady! You scared me SICK! I thought you were kidnapped in the middle of the night! You're in big trouble."

"Sir. It's my fault." Cameron told my dad.

"Cam, you don't have to do-" I tried to tell Cam.

"No. It's okay, Em."

I nodded my head, and he continued to tell my dad how it's his fault.

"Young man. What are you doing with my daughter?"

"Well, we are dating, sir."

"DATING? But you're both only what? 18?"

"Yes, sir."

"Emily, you are BIG trouble! Especially for not telling me you were dating."

"Well, dad, it wasn't official until last night. So, yeah..."

"So nothing! You are grounded for the rest of the summer. You cannot leave my house until the end of the summer!"

"That's not fair sir. I'll let her stay here."

"Oh yeah? Where's the extra room?"

"Down the hall."

"Whatever. BYE!" With that, my dad rushed out the door.

"Cameron. My brother. He can't live alone with my dad. Do you have another guest room?"

"No. I have a blow up mattress, though."

"Great. He can sleep somewhere on the floor."

I ran outside just before my dad got into his car. Once I told him the news, he rolled his eyes and went to get Caleb.

We all went back to living room. Then, I gave Cameron a deep kiss on the lips.

"That's for letting me and my brother stay here for the summer."

"You're welcome. But that's all I get?" He said to me with a grin.

I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then, I grabbed my bag and headed to my room with my suitcase.

Caleb came a little while later and the air mattress was laying in the middle of the living room.

"That's where I'm sleeping?"

"You wanna go back with dad?"

"Not really."

"Than live with it. Where do you want it?"

"Ummm, in the hallway?"

"No. People walk there."

"I don't know, then."

"We'll figure it out tonight."

--------

That night, Cameron and I wanted to go out for a date. Nash wasn't very excited about having to spend the night with my brother, but he's gonna have to live with it.

Cameron, being a handsome gentleman and all, opened the passengers door for me. I smiled at him and giggled while climbing inside.

Cameron's POV:

I opened the door for Emily, and she smiled and giggled at me. Before she could fully sit down, I quickly leaned over and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

She looked up at me, and stood back up. I was surprised when she stood back up because I didn't know what she would do. While I was stuck in thought, she leaned in and kissed my lips. She set her arms on my shoulders, and I wrapped my arms around her waist. Soon, we pulled away, and Emily smiled at me. She laid her head on my chest as I laid my chin on the top of her head.

"I love you." She whispered so quietly that I almost couldn't hear her.

"I love you, too, Emily."

Then, she climbed back into the passengers seat, and I walked around to the drivers side. When I started the car, the radio station I was playing was oldies.

Just as I was about to tell Emily that she could change the station, he started singing along with a smile on her face.

"You like oldies music?"

"Yeah! I love it!"

"Good!" I said playfully.

We listened to the oldies radio station. Whenever we both knew a song, we would sing to it in our most annoying voices. I couldn't wait to show Emily where we were going for our date!

Hey guys! I FINALLY got this chapter done. I'm so sorry for taking this long to update. I've just been super busy lately. From now on, I'll try to update every time I have free time.

Thanks for understanding!