Chapter 22: Visiting

Emily's POV:

I walked over to my bathroom to fix myself up since I just woke up. My hair was in a bun on the top of my head. My pajamas were all wrinkly. My makeup that I forgot to take off last night was all over my face.

First, I decided to wipe off last nights makeup. I got out the wipe and smeared it all around my face until the makeup was gone. I walked into my closet and picked out a black skater skirt with a red crop top and white converse.

I went back into my room and put my hair in a Dutch braid. Once I fished my hair, I swiped on my mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and pink lipgloss.

I walked into the kitchen to see everyone sitting on the couch watching TV. Nash looked over his shoulder and smiled at me.

"Someone's looking gorgeous. As always!"

"Thanks." I giggled. "When's the plane leave?"

"Noon. So you should go pack because we're staying their for one night."

"Seriously?" I said screaming jumping into his arms and gave him a big kiss on his cheek.

His face turned red as he kissed me back right on the lips. He set me back down and as I looked over at Cam. I could tell he was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Okay. I'll be right back." I said walking back to my room to find my suitcase.

I threw in clothes for tomorrow, a pair of pjs, sweatshirt and sweatpants, makeup, toothbrush, and toothpaste. I packed other small stuff to that's allowed on a plane. Once I was ready, I wheeled my suit case behind me. Then, we all hopped into Cam's convertible and drove off to the airport.

-----Landing-----
(A/N Sorry for skipping forward so far)

We got off the plane and got a cab to stop. Once we all piled in the cab, we drove to the hotel.

We walked into the hotel and a nice lady greeted us. Nash walked up to her and checked us in. Once Nash and I walked into our room and Cameron and Caleb got theirs, we met in the lobby.

Then, we got a cab to the car rental place. Cameron got to pick out the car, and of course, he picked out an orange mustang.

As he pulled out of the parking lot of the place, Caleb and I became super squished in the back. Finally, we pulled into the hospital parking lot and we hopped out of the car.

The elevator tools us to the 3rd floor and we walked down the hall to find my mom. Her room was one of the first doors on the right.

We walked in and immediately found my mom laying in her bed hooked up to a bunch of machines. She looked in really bad shape, and tears streamed out of my eyes. She smiled at me and widened her arms. I whooshed into them.

"I've missed my daughter and son so much!" She whispered into my ear.

Caleb ran into my moms arms after me too. She squeezed us as hard as she could with her weak little bones. Once she released, she told us something that made me want to cry.

"Sweethearts, listen. I'm very weak and I will die in a matter of time. But I just want you to know how thankful I am to call you mine. I'm so fortunate to have these loving, caring kids. I just want you to know how much and I love you. And I promise we'll reunite again one day. I love you both, very very much."

She finished and tears strolled down my eyes. Nash wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head against his chest. My mom looked over at us and smiled.

"Take care of her now, Nash." She told him while smiling. Nash nodded and then something very unfortunate happened.

My mom's heartbeat stopped right then and there. I started to scream and tried to run beside her bed and save her. Nash held me behind and whispered into my ear,
"It's okay. We all knew her time was up. Your mom even told us she was ready to move on. Now, let her."

Nash's words flowed through me like a river. Once my brain processed it, I smashed my head into his chest and started bawling as the doctors piled into the room. Nash hugged me tight and rested his chin on the top of my head.

"I'll take good care of you." Nash said obeying his promise to my mom.

----20 Minutes Later-----

Nash and I walked back into our hotel room and I flopped onto my bed. He payed down next to me and we just stared at each other until I started to talk.

"Nash?"

"Yes, baby?"

"I think that my mom would want me to plan her funeral."

"Okay. Do you want to start now?"

"No. I want to rest."

"Okay, baby girl. You get some rest and I'll just be next door at Cam and Caleb's room."

"Okay." I nodded while closing my eyes.

The last thing I remember was Nash closing the door behind him.

Hey everyone. So this chapter is super sad, I know. I worked really hard on it, though. But, still, I hope you liked it. Vote, comment, and like.

Thank you!

And follow me on Instagram. It's @kelsi_28. Thanks again, guys!