Please read

There are many fanfictions all over wattpad talking about how Tris shouldn't of died, or alternate endings and stuff. But please read the rest of this part before getting mad at me or sending hate comments my way (which I will delete because that's plain out rude and this is my interpretation on Why Veronica Roth killed her Main Character (Tris).

Before you read on, please think about a good IN DEPTH reason why Tris shouldn't of died, and don't you dare say "because she deserved to live".

Why I wrote this chapter
As I look through divergent fanfics all I can find (mostly) are why tris shouldn't of died. Please people, can any of you have a better idea that does not involve the same "tris never sacrificed herself and let caleb die." (yes, there are good fanfics that have this incorporated into them and i'm not really talking to you) I'm talking to the other 95% of the divergent fandom that thinks tris shouldn't of sacrificed herself or shouldn't of died.

Why Veronica Roth thinks she did the right thing in killing Tris
This is everything the author says in an interview with MTV

"Well, it's actually been set up that way," Roth explained of the outline for her dystopian series. "At the end of the first book, she almost experiences death. She's in that water tank. She gets saved at the last second by her mother. At the end of the book, she kind of plays with the idea of self-sacrifice by letting Tobias almost kill her. Like, 'I'm going to sacrifice myself for him or whatever,' and that's not quite right, so she lives. In the second book, the same things happens. She goes to her execution in this act of bravado and self-sacrifice, and it's not quite right, so she survives."

"In the third book, she learns what it actually means to sacrifice herself," Roth continued. "It has to be necessary. It has to be about love. She says all those things. And to me, it felt like it was her finally understanding what her parents were trying to teach her in Abnegation and finally understanding what it means to be an adult and make a grown-up decision because you have to, not because you particularly want to. So, to me, I was proud of her. I was so proud. It was like she finally became a grown-up."

(please read this next part if you just skipped through the last two paragraphs. this is the most important reason on WHY)

"I thought about other options," she said. "But the more I thought about them, the more I felt like they weren't really doing justice to her story. This is a very intense transformation that she undergoes, and to have her just be like, 'OK, well, we saved the day. Let's wander off into the sunset together,' it just didn't feel right. She earned a more powerful ending to her story than that."

Now that you've read about why veronica roth thinks she did the right thing, what do you think? Is she right (according to you), or are you still too stubborn?

Now it's my turn

Why I think it's good that Tris died
Okay, before we get into any technicalities, YES my fanfiction is about how tris doesn't die. But hear me out first. In my book Simulations, Tris still sacrifices herself to a reality that is far from real. As you should be able to tell, Tris doesn't want to live. She feels as if she had her justice then lost it, and the transformation she undergone was now all useless because none of it was real. I was able to keep the fact that she died a nobel death, but gave it a twist. I feel as if fanfiction writers are lacking creativity in doing as I did. You cannot just CHANGE an entire plot without going into your own depth, and giving valid reasons on why you think it should end a certain way.

YES, tris had an entire future ahead of herself. But does living happily ever after, give her story the conclusion she truly deserves? After EVERYTHING she went through. The strife, the pain, the suffering, everything she did, and everything she learned... that would all go to waste if she just had a happy family with Tobias forever and ever.

Yes maybe she could've had an ending to all her troubles and just be content and carefree. But just BEING the person Veronica Roth created... that wouldn't be the case. Tris wouldn't ever forget that she let her own brother die without doing or even TRYING to do anything about it. Tris would NEVER feel content if she just settled into a home with a family. Tris would feel empty, like everything she learned and how she developed would go to waste. Tris was born abnegation, and she would have to die that way too.

Well that's it. Go ahead! Rant and rave about how much you don't like what I said. Complain about my opinions and how your still right about how Tris should've lived. Stop reading my book because you are mad at me for thinking this way.

But at least try to keep in mind, that Veronica Roth had a good reason to kill her main character.

Please SHARE this chapter if you agree with me... And if u don't well then "haters gonna hate".