Chapter Nineteen

Hahaha! Sorry about that. Well, not really. But I hope that you enjoy this new chapter. I love you my dragonlings!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Cipher swooped over the forest, the air tickling the body's skin. He laughed. "Come on DP, isn't this fun?"

"Hardly," Danny whispered, trying to keep up. The boy was blinking tears out of his eyes, trying not to think of the events that had transpired not an hour before.

Danny pushed at the demon wearing his skin, hissing in frustration when his hands fell right through as if he had gone intangible.

Bill cackled as Dipper and Mabel sprinted from the room, after Stan gave them instructions. Frost began to grow along the edges of the walls and floor. The cold ice painted swirling patterns on the wooden boards.

Ford pulled out a... gun? Danny wasn't really sure. It certainly looked like a gun, but the upside-down triangle where the bullet should have fired from didn't seem very normal.

The man pulled the trigger, and Danny winced involuntarily as the ray-bullet thing that shot from it slammed into his body.

Bill hissed angrily as he visibly dropped a few inches in the air, but otherwise seemed uninjured. "Gotta try harder than that! Pain is hilarious!"

Danny tried to offer a distraction for the demon, attempting to block him from getting a clear shot at the older set of twins. But Bill just looked right through him with a snort of disgust. "Out of the way, DP."

He launched an ectoblast at them, smashing one after another into the wall behind them and the roof above their heads. Boards crumpled and snapped, burying the two in a sea of dust and wooden shards.

After a few more green rays were fired into the cloud, Bill floated down himself. The demon hummed absentmindedly to himself, "Come out, come out, wherever you are."

That was when the fist slammed into the side of his head.

Bill collapsed for a moment, before lifting up off the floor and firing a ball of ice at Stan's chest. The older man somehow dodged, but it still caused his fingers to chill and blacken.

The demon growled and lunged, ectoblasts biting into Stan's body. Danny cried out and tried to put himself between the demon and the human, but it was as if he wasn't even there.

"Stop it!" The former Halfa (for how could he be a Halfa if he was not in his own skin?) shouted desperately. "Please!"

Bill sneered, the cruel expression out of place on Danny's face. His hands bubbled with green energy, and he lunged forward.

The hands that had once belonged to the ghost boy sank into the chest of Stan like it was warm butter, and the skin around the burn bubbled and hissed.

For a moment, Danny wasn't sure if Stan was going to stop screaming. Then he realized that the old man hadn't made a sound, and that the terrible crescendo was being produced by his own mouth.

Bill laughed, reached in deeper, and pulled. He yanked something out of Stan's chest, and Danny tried to vomit (but found that be couldn't) when he realized that it was the man's heart.

The yellow demon studied it for a moment, before tossing the organ aside and letting his victim collapse.

Then, surrounded by a pool of blood, with the crimson liquid still splashed on the body that he was possessing, Bill Cipher started to laugh.