The Start of a Beautiful Friendship

Chapter 2

When class was over, Ryan came up to me and put his arm over my shoulder. "So how are you liking this school so far?"

"I think I'm going to like it here, seems amazing." He chuckled and said, "You've only had the one class you attended and you were late. How is it amazing?"

"I just thought that class was really informative and educational... Our school system is doing a great job."

"Haha, okay, brainiac. What's your next class?"

"Physics."

"I love Physics! Let me walk you, I'll introduce you to the teacher."

"Yeah, okay. I'm the brainiac." He winked at me and we started walking towards the Physics hallway. The teacher's name was Mr. Adams, he seemed like a pretty cool dude. He had on those super hipster glasses, a blue and black plaid button up shirt rolled up with a cardigan, skinny jeans and toms. It's like he's screaming "I want to go back to high school and be that guy who gets all the girls." Or guys, no judgement. He even had that hipster hairstyle all of the mainstream guys I see with. The typical standing up hair used with a little bit of gel. "Mr. Adams, this is Brendon. Brendon Urie, Brendon, this is Mr. Adams, he's the best teacher I've had in my three years of high school." Ryan was so formal when he introduced us. He didn't shake my hand or anything when we met, but hey, he seems like he would go out in a tux now and then. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Adams."

"You as well, Brendon. I've got to say, Ryan is my best student. I'm glad you two are friends. Take a seat, the both of you. Class is starting in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1. Everyone in their seats! Class has begun." I quickly looked towards Ryan in his direction and asked, "You're in this class too? How many classes do we have together?" I chuckled. "Not enough," he responded. "Sit with me."

As class begun, I looked around the classroom for potential friends. A.K.A hot people I'd like to talk to but will probably end up mumbling weird shit to them. "The teacher may be nice when he's not teaching, but you don't want him to see you're not paying attention," Ryan said, "You looking for hot people or something?" Wow. He already knows me and we haven't even known each other for two hours. This kid is good. "I was-" I took in a deep inhale and let my breath out as a sigh of relief. "Yeah, I was. Haha, you're good."

"I know I am. I'm the best Korean gay there ever was. Just pay attention."

"Yeah, yeah okay." As the teacher began to talk and talk I was just drifting thinking about when my expire time is before I get beaten up. By the way I dress, I don't even seem as much of a rich kid. It's sad to think the only thing to get people to not beat you up or at least like you is money or a nice place like a mansion. Before I knew it, class was over and it was lunch time. I didn't know it until Ryan told me, but apparently, we're allowed to go off campus for lunch. Only juniors and seniors can. I had no idea why, but when I looked at a few freshman hanging out having burping contests and eating animal crackers, I could see why. The sophomores were just on their phones chewing gum like a few cows. A not-care attitude if you will.

"So then where are we going for lunch?" I asked Ryan. "We are going to meet up with a few friends and hang out near the forest just a few blocks down."

"What's there?" He looked at me, chuckled and said, "You'll see, Bren." Bren? No one's ever given me a nickname before. Until Ryan, he seems like a good guy.

When we got to Ryan's car, I was blown away. It's absolutely incredible. He had a Porsche for fuck's sake. It's the most beautiful car I've ever seen. Before we got in, Ryan introduced me to his friends.

There was Emma, Tyler, Connor and Eric. I might kind of be into Eric a little, no biggie. He was just 100% my type. Tattoos, piercings, plugs, skinny jeans, a skater, deep voice and he plays guitar with his friend Blake.

We got into Ryan's car and headed for the forest. While we were on our way, the rest of the guys had Metro Station playing. This band brings back memories, Shake It was playing. "Hey, dude turn it up!" I told Connor in the front seat. "You got it, man!" He turned it up and the whole car felt like it was vibrating. Partially because it was. Sound waves, of course. I was crouched in the middle of the back seat with Emma, Tyler and Eric. At least Eric was there, though.

We got to the forest and Tyler pulled out his backpack. "You've got the stuff, Ty?"

"What stuff? I asked Ryan. Tyler pulled out the bag of weed and said, "This stuff."

"Holy shit... we're getting high? No way guys, I promised my mom I'd never turn into a bad kid." Oh my god, did I just say that? I'm trying to make friends not shoo them away. What is wrong with me? Ugh. They all stared at me and didn't move like statues. I chuckled and said, "Just kidding, guys. Take a joke. Someone roll a blunt?" They were back on track. Emma, Tyler, Connor and Eric all had sighs of relief and said, "Whoa, you scared us, dude! Haha." Ryan pulled me aside and I got scared. He probably knows because he was right. He is the best.

"Cut the shit, man. If you don't want to smoke, you don't have to. I'm not going into this friendship by pressuring you into doing anything you don't want to. Got it? I'm going to protect you."

"No, no. It's fine, I swear. It's just weed, right? Let's go." I stopped and pulled him back for a minute and said, "Oh, and thank you. No one's ever cared that much that quick. Thank you."

"You're welcome." We went back to the guys and they already had blunts, pipes, bongs and dabs out. This will probably be the best lunch time ever, but we only had an hour. So who knows if we'll get caught. I got a blunt and started smoking and coughing a lot. Soon enough, I was high as a kite. Everyone else was too.

"You guys just wanna skip school? I'd rather stay here and get high. Plus, none of us can hide our highs from anyone."

"You make a good point, Emma," Ryan said, "But it's Bren's first day. He's gotta at least meet the rest of his teachers, right?" I just had to interrupt this one. "Um, no? I'm fucking baked, dude. I'm not going anywhere," I said and laid down on the soft grass. The ground was probably hard, but how would I know? I was high as fuck.

Ryan sat me up, put his hand on my shoulder like a father would a son because he's proud and he said, "Bren, I think this is a start of a beautiful friendship."

"I agree," I said and I yelled to the rest of the group, "For all of us!"