|Take 006|

June 21

VICTORIA'S POV

How could I not of guessed that this Jessie guy was a complete douche-bag. Solely based on his rude comments on the ride there should've tipped me off.

"Wanna explain yourself, Mr.Brit?" Matthew said raising an eyebrow.

Jessie truly looked baffled as he continued to stare at the door that was just slammed in his face. I grabbed the brass doorknob and jiggled it to verify that 'Brooklynn' had really locked the door.

"Honestly, Jessica sounds vaguely familiar. I'm not usually the type of guy to forget the girls I hook up with. It must've happened at that party earlier in the summer." Jessie nervously ran his hand through his straight black hair thinking.

"Well, the sun is starting to set and I don't want to be locked out forever. So, Victoria, wanna look for a back door to go through or something?" Matthew offered his hand towards me.

This was absolutely innocent. Just offering his hand to help me. I took his hand and together we rounded the house onto the grass looking for an open door. "I'm not typically the person to be harsh, but what asshole douche-bags were picked to be on this reality show. Sleeping with a girl and not even remembering her name." Matthew said pushing a window to see if it was unlocked, "Watch your step, Victoria."

I stumbled on a pothole seconds after he made that remark. Matthew helped me stand upright ,and we continued down the side of the house. "You can't be so mean. I now remember where I know him from. I gave him the National Merit semi-finalist award; he is a smart kid who moved here a couple years back. Never talked much, kind of an outsider. But, we can't just judge him based off of one mistake."

"Victoria, you are too nice. Maybe because of Emma Cate that I feel this way, but seriously."

I yanked on the last door before we reached the back of the house facing the woods. I sighed in frustration, "This girl really covered her bases. And your little sister is the sweetest kid. Stop worrying."

Matthew and I turned around the back of the house and saw a large patio with an awning. Wicker chairs were lined up in a semi circle and a contained fire was burning in the center. The girl who locked the door was sitting cross-legged, next to her was an Asian girl with jet black shoulder length hair. Lastly, standing up heading back into the house through a sliding door was Melissa.

I dropped Matthew's hand and walked onto the patio. No need for unnecessary gossip. "Hello."

Brooklynn and the other girl stopped talking at the same time Melissa turned around. I stood there waiting for someone to speak. I eyed each of them waiting for something to be said. No one said a word for a few moments before Brooklynn broke the silence,"Is douche face still at the front door?"

"Yes." Matthew walked past me and offered his hand for her to shake. What the hell is Matthew doing? This psycho bitch just locked us out of a house that she didn't even own. "I'm Matthew, I don't think we've met."

Such a flirt. "I know who you are, Matthew Calloway. You are one rich seventeen year old. And you're Victoria. Who doesn't know you?" Brooklynn smirked.

I just smiled ignoring the remark. "Yeah, I'm not really that special. Believe me."

The quiet girl sitting in the other chair spoke up, "You literally capture the whole room's attention. Like at the assembly. And you are so confident about it."

Oh god. That assembly was so embarrassing. Who was this girl anyway?

"Sucking up to her won't make any difference, Sadie. It's not like everyone else doesn't do that already." Brooklynn remarked. Sadie lowered her face and sipped the drink off the table.