|Take 009|

I blushed but doubted Jessie even noticed. I was not the type of girl to just do something like this. But, I was so tired of ignoring him. I was so tired of Joey right now. I was so tired of John. And I just wanted to feel better. I doubted he would even remember this. I just stared at his face, mentally debating. That's when Jessie moved his face towards mine. . .

--FIVE DAYS EARLIER (con't)---

There was a long staircase leading farther underground through the basement entrance door.

"Are you going to go?" Jessie asked. I noted the mild rudeness.

I tentatively walked down the two flights of stairs and came into view of a dimly lit room with seven chairs in a circle. Sadie also noticed the lack of a chair and commented on it.

A person in the far corner of the room flipped on the lights revealing Ryan in navy slacks and a gray shirt. The room was larger than expected. The chairs were still in a circle, but there was a raised stage and closets lined behind the area."Tonight is going to go a little different than anticipated. Because of some previous incidents, not everyone is going to be here this evening. You all might think you know who it is, but it is incorrect. We have carefully planned every move so that every meeting that has occurred has been shot raw.--"

"Wait, so we have been on camera this whole time?" Brooklynn interjected.

"Not necessarily. There are cameras placed in different parts of the penthouse, the front door and back patio just naming a few, and all interactions at said places have been recorded. Those shots will be put in a compilation for the show." Ryan continued.

"Will we know when and where we are being filmed?" Brooklynn inquired.

"When you and your parents agreed to participate in this show, you signed away having explicit rights to privacy when on our property. For the simple fact that production doesn't want rebellious behavior, you will be given a few locations of cameras on campus."Ryan stepped into the center of chairs,"Back onto the topic of tonight. Because of pre-evening events, cast is one short. This show has a romantic aspect to it, so an odd number of couples would be problematic. The director has decided removing one of ladies and spinning it as a couple playing hookie would be best. We don't want to waste a night of shooting. Sadie will be excused for tonight. Please note that this does not mean that she will be paired with the mystery guy, just that she was selected as a character easily identified by the audience so an introduction is not essential. Matthew will be here shortly with the host."

Ryan walked up to Sadie and lightly grabbed her arm, guiding her back up the stairs. Before he had reached the base of the stairs, I spoke up,"Are we being filmed right now?"

"Yes." Ryan responded. Halfway up the stairs, Ryan and Sadie were met with Matthew and the supposed host. The man was in his early thirties with clean brown hair and a little bit of tuft, wearing a three piece black suit. I easily recognized him as Bradley Reynolds. Mr.Reynolds was a well known pop culture figure, almost equivalent to Ryan Seacrest from the olden days.

He gave a large white smile and spoke as he landed on the floor of the basement,"Good evening! My name is Bradley Reynolds, and I'll be your host for tonight. Everyone, please, take a seat."Bradley walked over and sat in the center seat facing everyone else.

"You look nice." Matthew whispered so only I could hear. I knew the butterfly sleeved, black sequined dress with goddess sandals were a good decision on Cathy's part.

We all awkwardly sat down in no particular order and waited for Bradley to continue,"Before we begin tonight's game, let's meet our contestants." And as if on cue, a cameraman from one of the back doors rolled out with large stage lights and a recorder. He began with the person to the right of Bradley.