Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ugh, it was only yesterday that I had the mini argument with Justin. I felt really guilty for what I said to him. He was entirely right, I was assuming he was like everyone else.

I was closing my locker when a heard a shout from inside my class room.

"What the fuck do you expect me to do then?! You're always 'too busy' to see me and you blame me for going off with Aaron?!"

I tried to open the door ever so quietly so that I wouldn't get noticed. But as I entered, all eyes fell on me.

So the argument was between Brittany and Jared.

"What the fuck are you looking at, you slut?" Brittany remarked.

"That's fucking ironic, Brit. You're calling Ariana the slut, when you're the fucking cheat. I beg you, don't make me laugh!" Jared chuckled.

Brittany menacingly stared at Jared. "Well if she's so perfect, why aren't you with her?"

Jared froze.

I froze.

And it seemed the rest of the class did too.

"Brittany, leave it. Let's get out of here." Her best friend, and co-bully Haley persuaded her after what seemed a lifetime, but only thirty seconds.

I moved to my desk with my head down. This is exactly what I didn't need. Everyone was in their places now and Jared looked backed at me from where he sat and mouthed "sorry", careful enough so that no one else saw.

-----------------------------------

Ugh, so the word around school is that there's a party at Jared's house tonight. It's obviously to get back at Brittany, there's no doubt about it. What I don't understand is why Justin invited me? I mean everyone hates me and I haven't made matters any better recently. I knew I wasn't going to go but every time I saw Justin, his puppy eyes evoked guilt within me due to what I said to him during lunch the other day.

There was no way I was going. I'll just be ridiculed. I didn't need to be anymore than I already was.

I clambered into the classroom to see Justin leaning on my desk, on his phone. Ugh. He was seriously asking for a repeat of our mini argument.

"Hey Ariana, just here to remind you about the party tonight. I'll pick you up at half 5?"

"I'm not going Justin, are you insane?" I sarcastically inquired.

"Yes, you are. Where do you live?" He responded, totally ignoring my point.

"Justin, are you not listening to me? I'm not going. I'm not going to tell you again." I stated, signalling the end of the conversation.

"Oh, whatever" was all he mumbled before walking away.

Just then I felt my phone vibrate in my bag. It was probably just a message from my mum telling me she's going to be late again.

That was weird. No messages but a private message from the chat app.

From: JJ4M35

To: MissAnthropist

Hey Ari! It's been a long time. Up to much? How's school? J x

WHAT? IT'S BEEN AGES SINCE I'VE LAST SPOKEN TO JUSTIN! Inwardly, I fangirled for a few minutes before replying.

From: MissAnthropist

To: JJ4M35

Omg, I've missed you Just! School is okay, everyone being faggots as usual. Turns out the guy I fancy is having a party at his today (HE BROKE UP WITH BRITTANY BECAUSE SHE CHEATED ON HIM) and his twin brother (YES HE HAS A TWIN BROTHER) has invited me! My first ever party invite, not that I'm going to go... It's probably a bet or something. Ari x