Chapter 1

Hey guys! So I'm back with another fanfic!

He walked past. Hazel eyes and a mop of curly brown hair. Every girls dream boy. Everyone except from Kelsey.

Kelsey's POV

I was seventeen and had never had a boyfriend. That's all I ever wanted. All my friends had boyfriends but I was never chosen. I had a crush. I've  had a few but none seemed to like me back.

I found it confusing because I'd always been part of the popular bunch. Even when I got braces or when i broke my arm and had that hideous cast on for weeks. I was still popular.

Maybe it was because I didn't like Ashton. Everyone liked Ashton. He was just that boy. People thought he was kind and helpful, they had no idea. Only I knew what he was really like and I wouldn't dare to tell anyone. He would hate me even more.

I looked at my timetable. I had music next, with him. I couldn't understand why he didn't like me. It all seemed a bit strange but I had no power over someone like Ashton so I just ignored it 

I said goodbye to my friends, Sarah and Amber, and headed to music. I played the piano while neither of my friends played any instruments that's why I was left on my own.

I entered the room to find a new layout. The piano that I normally played used to be in the corner on its own but now it was in the centre of the room next to the drum kit. Ashton plays the drums.

I sighed and sat down at the desk next to it and waited for the teacher. I normally mucked around during class but not in music, because my friends weren't there, I felt lonely. So I don't muck around. I'm quiet on my own.

"Hey Kelsey." I spun round to see Ashton smile. He greeted me with a little wave. "how you doing?"

"Why are you talking to me?" I asked a little startled. "You don't normally act like I'm here."

"Just wondering how you are? We haven't spoken in a while." He said smugly. He knew why we haven't spoken and that's why he was talking to me today.

"You know why." I said bluntly.

"I don't."

"Yes. You do." I looked past him and pretended to look for the teacher. I didn't really want him to come though. I actually wanted to see where this chat was going with Ashton.

"No, seriously kels. I have no idea." He said.

"Don't call me that." I said sternly.

"But you used to love it." He said with a strange and rather suspicious look on his face.

"Yeah. I did. But that's what Amiee used to call me." I could feel the tears well up in my eyes but I blinked them, determined not to cry.

"Look, I'm sorry." He said. "I really am."

"Yeah. Ashton, you might be sorry but sorry isn't going to bring my sister back." I shouted softly and let the tears fall.

He sat down in his seat and waited awkwardly for the teacher to come in.
When Mr Robertson arrived I wiped my eyes and got out my notes. I copied down what he was saying as I saw Ashton look my way every few minutes. He knew that he had made yet another mistake and he didn't know how to fix it.

"Okay, for the next couple of weeks your going to be working in pairs on an assignment about your instruments. As you can see I've already moved the instruments around which means I've already put you in pairs. I don't care who your with your not swapping so don't bother asking." Mr Robertson said.

I looked around the room and right enough every instrument was paired  with another. I then looked towards Ashton who was smirking at me.

"So Kelsey, you won't be able to avoid me now will you?" Ashton asked. I completely ignored him and packed away my things. "Hey Kelsey! Why won't you speak to me anymore?" He asked. I looked directly at him.

"Ashton, you know why so stop asking." I said with a false smile and no confidence.

"Okay, see you tomorrow kels." Ashton called.

"Ashton?" I said softy. "Please don't call me that. It hurts." I swallowed back the anything at all. Today was a hard day for me and he didn't care at all.

-----------------

When I got home I went straight upstairs. I guess you could say I have a big house but with my younger brother and sister it was filled with mess in seconds.

I have a four year old brother called Riley and a ten year old sister called Megan.

I guess they're pretty sweet. But they can be annoying. But so can everyone I guess.

I'm one half of a set of identical twins by the way.

And I'm the only one alive.