Ours- Everything I feel

Cato's POV

After leaving the train station, I went to claim the diamond ring I have been saving money for. I just hope for luck later, as for now, I have to sleep.                                                                                                                   

I woke up later and got dressed. This is it, the day I have been waiting for. I get ready as fast as I can and when my Mom was ready, we were good to go.

*The Reaping*

Freya Donner, our District's Escort came to view wearing a ridiculous grey dress which texture resembles a stone. What is this, Tribute Parade?

"Hi District Two! Welcome to the Reapings for the 74th Hunger Games. We are gathered today to pick Brave and Courageous Young Man and Woman, but before that, We have a video sent to us all the way from the Capitol." Freya exclaims.

The same video was played every year, how pathetic of The Capitol to set up a great game but not a video.

"Oh, how I love that! Now lets pick the lucky girl" She went to the girls' bowl. 

"Clove Kentwell! Dearie, come up here!" Freya says. Clove was shaking obviously and went to the stage.

"Now for the brave man to face the games, Marcus Kentwell- I volunteer as a tribute!" I shouted. Now its not just because I want to win, its because he is Clove's brother.

"What is your name?" Freya turns to me and I swear she batted her eyes as if flirting. GROSS.

"Cato, Cato Hadley." I said.

"Shake hands. District Two, our tributes!" Freya says.

My mom visited me after the Reapings and cried, screamed and thrashed as I hug her. I realize how it hurts her so much, after losing my father, who knows what would happen to me in that arena.

"Cato, son, you can't leave me, I already lost your father. Why would you risk yourself? For that girl? Clove wasn't it? I know you love her but I cannot afford to lose you. Please, just do it for me, win for me Cato. Promise me-" She was yanked away but she managed to fight them, she was a Victor anyway.

"No! Son promise me, you will win this, I love you." She said and then she was carried by the Peacekeepers and the door was shut.

I love you too Mom, but I have to be dead so Clove can go home.

After that we were escorted to our train and then we welcome our ears to their deaths, considering that Freya is beside me.

"Thank the Capitol for their generosity to give you these luxury. Do enjoy because this won't last forever. But, if you win, all these and so much more will be given to you." Freya tells us.

"So we need to kill? We need to kill most of the 24 children who wishes to survive this? I would rather kill myself." Clove said and stalked away.

"What is with her? Cato, got any guesses?" Enobaria asked me.

"Nah. But I will find out. Excuse me." They all give me a nod and I exit the room. From afar, I heard Enobaria say "He must really love her." then Brutus replies "You have no idea.". That guy......

I knock on her door and as soon as she saw me, she hugged me and how happy I was. I realize that she was crying and rubbed her back.

"I can't do this, Cato. I can't kill people. I won't.  I don't know what would happen if I win the games. Will I be doing fine? Or will the guilt eat me up alive? I don't want to be a killer, Cato." She rambles. Now I know how fragile she really is. It only made me love her more.

"Hey, stop crying. I will protect you. You will be safe and sound. I will do anything for you, remember that. Now Clove, I want to ask you something but don't go crying on me." I tell her while holding her tight.

"Go ahead. I have to fix things later." She says. THIS IS IT!

I pull out the diamond ring and I watch her reaction.

"Oh my, Cato!" She gasps.

"Clove, I know that I didn't talk with you before but I wanted to. I wanted you to be mine, to be the reason for me to live and so much more. I hope that I'm not too late but I love you Clove, I am willing to die for you. I will protect you so Clove, Will you accept this promise ring? Lets just try if we are really are each other's halves, we will get married if it works." I ask her and she cries again.

"I have loved you ever since and yes Cato, I will accept it. Together until the end?" She looks at my eyes.

"Together until the end, Clove Kentwell." I tell her.

And for the rest of the night, I stayed with her, My lovely girl.

-------------------------------------

So how was that? Also thanks to Del586, for the first comment and putting my story into her reading list! Shout out to you lovely. You are the reason I updated early! I hope the chapter is longer. And also message me and we will have a party. May the feels be with you. Happy reading! Message me!!!! Follow, VOTE, COMMENT!