Chapter 4

Shoot. What do I do? Kiss him, back away?

"Uh, you know hobos are homeless? I knew that. Actually when I was little I thought th-that hobos where strippers. I mean I bet some are. I never did like strippers. I mean who stoops that low? People without self confidence, or with low self esteem, that's who. {[A/N: no offense to hobos an or strippers]} I mean I don't have enough of self confidence and I certainly have low self esteem but you don't see me being a stripper. Although, some people might do it for money. I wouldn't because I don't like my body. And i don't need the money. About 67% of the world doesn't like their body. I didn't know that until the other da---" Alex placed his hand over my mouth as his eyes popped open. He chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

"You talk to much."

"I know." I sighed.

"Hey, to kill time, wanna play UNO?" He asked as he scooted back a bit.

"Sure." He stood and got the cards ands at back down.

He dealt the cards and he had his game face on.

"May the best woman win." I smiled mischievously.

"Woman? Please." He scoffed and he flexed his muscles. I threw my head back in laughter.

"Game on, sore loser."

----

Two hours, fourteen games of UNO, me losing everyone but two games,...., later.

"You play dirty." I pouted as all of the guys laughed at me.

"Nope, you just can't play."

"Whatever. Lets make that bonfire, it's 6:05 already." I said changing the subject.

"Sweetheart, it's been started for ten minutes." Brock laughed, followed by the rest.

"Where?"

"Behind you." Josh dead panned. I turned around, as sure enough there was a big fire.

"Well."

"Hey, call some chicks." Jake smiled as he took another swig of American honey.

"I did. I called Jason, Darren, Jaden, Zach,---"

I cut off Brock, "Darren? Darren Jacobs?"

"Uh yeah." He said unsure of why I was asking.

"Great." I muttered sarcastically.

"Why? Do you not want him here? Will it be awkward since he broke up with you?" Josh asked. My head snapped up at his words.

"Him? Break up with me?"

"Yeah, y-you cheated on him, with.... Him." Jake pointed towards Alex. Alex held up his hands.

"No, no she did not. We just 'got' together yesterday, after football practice."

"And I never cheated and he never broke up with me. HE cheated on ME with Hannah McFarland AND I broke up with HIM!" I stated.

"Oh, sorry. Do you not want him to come then?" Brock asked me. I shared a glance with Alex, he just shrugged.

"No it's fine." I said. Broke sighed.

"Good, because he's already here." Brock pointed to the headlights behind me. I saw two figures get out of that familiar white truck. I turned around and faced the sunset.

"Hey, come here." Alex whispered. He pulled on my head and I landed in his lap, my chest to his chest, noses grazing as I was straddling him.

"Is he coming?" He whispered. I peered over his shoulder to see him grabbing Hannah's hand and pulling her swim the grass and onto the sand.