You and Me [2/2]

"Gene..." Glaiza calls the male crew.

"Yes ma'am?" the guy immediately stopped what he was doing and turn his attention to his boss.

"More rose petals here please" Glaiza pointed at a certain spot on the floor.

The guy immediately approached Glaiza's position and scatter rose petals on the spot Glaiza pointed.

"Thank you" Glaiza smiles and patted the guy's back. Gene nodded his head. He continues to scatter rose petals on the floor while walking away.

Glaiza was being a good boss, checking and re-checking the place, making sure that everything is perfect for Jason's proposal. And speaking of Jason, he's nowhere in sight.

"Mae, have you seen Jason?" Glaiza asked the female crew who is lighting the candles.

"I think he's inside the bathroom ma'am" Mae informs.

"Alright, thanks" Glaiza smiles and let Mae do her work.

Minutes later, Jason emerge from the bathroom.

"You okay?" Glaiza asked as soon as she saw Jason. "You look pale"

Jason let out a sigh. "I don't know, Glai" he pulled out his handkerchief then wiped the sweat off of his forehead. "I'm not feeling well, I think I ate a bad shrimp"

Glaiza can't help but chuckle. She patted Jason's shoulder. "It's not a bad shrimp, J. You're just nervous"

Jason turned to Glaiza then smile. "Thanks, Glai. For helping me"

Glaiza stared directly in Jason's eyes. "For Rhian's happiness"

Jason half-smiles. He doesn't know if it's because of his aching tummy or something else. "Rhian is so lucky to have a friend like you"

Glaiza bit her tongue. She smiles and half-heartedly spoke. "Rhian is so lucky to have a boyfriend like you"

Jason's smile widens. "Wait..." he then went back to the bathroom.

"Ma'am Glai, is Sir Jason okay?" Mae approached Glaiza then asked.

"I think he's just nervous" Glaiza returned to checking the things for the proposal.

"Ma'am Glai! Miss Rhian is here!" Mike, the one assigned as the lookout informed.

"What?" Glaiza looked at her watch. 10pm. They were early but the Glaiza doesn't have time to worry about that. She approached the bathroom then knocked. "Jason, they're here"

"What?" Jason asked from the other side.

"Rhian is here. What do we do?"

"I... I don't know, Glai! I think I'll be here for a couple of minutes"

Glaiza let out a sigh then pinched the bridge of her nose. "Alright... I'll stall for a minute to buy you some time. But I'm going to give you 5mins max"

"Thank you!"

Glaiza let out a sigh then ran her fingers thru her hair.

"Ma'am Glai!"

Glaiza turned to Mae. "Why?"

"Ma'am Rhian is already standing in front of the door" Mae, panic-ly informs.

Glaiza inhaled deeply then slowly exhaled. She's nervous–to the point that she can't breathe 'cause of a pounding heart but she tries to hide it by being calm and collected. "Please get my guitar in my office" she calmly instructed.