When We Say [1]

"Rhi are you even listening?" Bianca asked. She's clearly annoyed.

Rhian innocently looked at Bianca. "I'm sorry, bestie. You were saying?"

Bianca let out a sigh then slumped her tired body beside Rhian. It wasn't even afternoon yet her energy is already drained. "Seriously? Are you even here?"

"Sorry it's just–" Rhian trailed off. She inhaled deeply then slowly sighs. "Glaiza hasn't contacted me for 2 days. I know she's sick but is she that sick to not reply to any of my messages?"

If Bianca was annoyed earlier, it disappeared as soon as Rhian starts whining like a little kid while staring longingly at her cell phone. "Why don't you visit her?"

Rhian looked at Bianca with a 'duh' expression. "Wedding preparations?"

"Let's call it a day then" Bianca suggested. "After all, we won't get anything done if you're like that. You're here physically but your heart and mind is with Glaiza"

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. Besides, I know Glaiza would find a way to make up for the lost time" Bianca winked. "Come on! I'll drop you at her place"

/////

"Glai?" Rhian slowly pushed the door open.

After so much effort of going to Glaiza's home in Valenzuela, following Alcris to wherever he is, to disturbing Chynna in her recording session. Rhian was finally able to hold of the spare key to Glaiza's condo.

Darkness greeted Rhian when she entered Glaiza's condo. She looked at her watch, 7pm. "Please don't tell me she's not here" she begged as she slowly walks in. She had half a mind to leave but her guts told her to stay, so she went straight to Glaiza's room.

The sick girl was there sleeping soundly under her thick comforter. Rhian searched for the remote of the air-con because the room felt like North Pole.

After changing the settings, Rhian lay the remote down on the night table beside the bed. She notice some medicine and a glass of water on top as well. She decided to call delivery for the meantime, tomorrow she'll definitely cook for Glaiza.

Rhian placed a hand on top of Glaiza's forehead. "Oh my! You're burning up!"

/////

Glaiza stir from her sleep. She felt something cold and heavy on her forhead. "Ma?" she calls out. When no one answered, she slowly sits up. "Alcris?"

"Hey!"

Glaiza froze when the least person she expected entered her room, carrying a tray with a bowl and glass of water in it. "Rhi?"

"I just went out for a minute to get your dinner and this is what I came back to? Mabibinat ka nyan[1]" Rhian playfully reprimanded. She placed the tray down on the end table then slowly pushed Glaiza to lean on the bed's headboard.

Glaiza chuckles and slowly close her eyes because she was feeling a little light-headed. "I'm hallucinating aren't I? I'm seeing Rhian Ramos in my room" she joked.

"It's not funny Glai" Rhian smiles as she slowly moves away Glaiza's bangs that was covering her beautiful face. "This is not a hallucination. I'm really here and I'm going to be your nurse"