If The Feeling is Gone

Wedding bells...

I always thought of settling down...

Having a family of my own with the person I love, with Jason...

But now?

Tears are making its way to my eyes...

I can feel the stinging pain as I stare at him...

While he's waiting for me at the altar...

With a smile on his face...

Never thought walking to the altar felt like walking with weights tied on my ankles...

END OF POV

"You can still run if you want to" Rhian turns to her father. He was facing forward but he had this witty smile on his face. "I can cover for you to give you the head start"

Rhian smiles bitterly and rubs her father's arm. "I'm fine"

Daddy Howell sighs.

Rhian is hurting, her mother and her father can feel it. And she knows they're hurting as well because of her.

"Are you sure about this?" Daddy Howell spoke again. They're already half way to the altar and Rhian thinks her father is convincing her to run away.

"I don't want to leave him at the altar" Rhian said it more to herself than to her father. "He deserve better than that"

"Alright" Papa Howell reluctantly agreed. "But if the priest will ask, I will personally object to this wedding. And I think your mother is with me"

Rhian turned to her mother who is smiling warmly at her. "I'll object 'cause believe that you should be with the person you love"

Rhian chuckles and shook her head. "You two are the worst parents ever"

"Honestly? It didn't bother me when you called me worst" Daddy Howell joked.

Rhian furrowed her brows, and looked back.

"Something wrong baby girl?" Daddy Howell worriedly asked.

Rhian chuckled bitterly. "I can smell Glaiza's perfume"

"See!" Daddy Howell excitedly pointed out. "I'll ob–"

"Jason, iho" Mommy Clara cuts Daddy Howell before he could even finish his words. She gave the boy a warm hug. "Take care of my baby girl"

"Will do, tita"

"Jason..." Daddy Howell greeted stiffly and extended his hands.

Jason gladly took it. "Tito, thank you for entrusting me your daughter's heart"

"I just hope you can make her happy"

"Dad..." Rhian called out threateningly. She's afraid that her father might have a slip up and mentioned you-know-who.

"Just take care of her" Daddy Howell said seriously.

"With all of my life, tito"

Jason helped Rhian as they made their way in front of the priest.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to–"

Rhian heard a loud ringing inside her ear that muted everything around her. She gently shook her head but it only made her feel light-headed. She was staring at the priest, his lips were moving but Rhian can't hear a thing, no sounds, no words, no nothing. She turn to Jason who is looking at her worriedly.