When We Say [2]

"Boo?" Rhian glance up. Jason is eyeing her worriedly. "Everything okay?"

Rhian nodded her head. "I'm just tired"

They're in Rhian's house checking and re-checking the invitations, souvenirs and other stuffs that needs finalizing before they got printed out.

Rhian had been spacing out quite a lot and Jason already notice it. He also felt something was off but he trust Rhian to tell him someday or one of this day. Though, Glaiza's absence is somewhat puzzling him.

"I haven't seen Glaiza lately" Jason started as he sorts out the invitations.

Rhian almost instantly looked up when she heard Glaiza's name. "Me neither"

Jason turned to Rhian. He can see, even feel, the sadness in Rhian's expression and voice but he decides to shrug it off. "Have you talked to her?"

"I'll get us some snacks" Rhian didn't respond to Jason's question. She just flatly walked out and headed to the kitchen.

*ding dong*

"I'll get it!"

Rhian heard Jason half yelled, half announced. She just let him be while she make juice.

"Boo!–" Rhian is mixing the powdered juice inside a glass container. She didn't catch what Jason was saying. "–is here..."

"Who?" Rhian asked.

"Me..." Bianca entered the kitchen.

"Hey~" Rhian walked over to her best friend and gave a brief kiss on the cheek. "What brings you here?"

"I have something to ask"

Rhian furrowed her brows and resumed making the juice. "Fire away"

"Glaiza didn't went home after your Bataan escapade" Bianca almost whispered. "What happened?"

Rhian had to close her eyes. She inhaled then exhaled. "This is not the right time to talk about that, bestie"

"Rhi, everyone is frantically looking for her. Even her parents doesn't know where she is. They wanted to come here and ask you because you were the one she's with the night before she went missing but I told them you're busy with the wedding and such so I volunteered to ask you myself, to you know. Not raise suspicions"

Rhian shrugs. "The last time I saw her was when she send me home. I tried calling her and texting her but she won't pick up nor reply. I've given up, I stopped contacting her days ago"

Bianca relaxed. She noticed the sadness in Rhian's eyes so she assumed that something happen on their Bataan escapade.

And she know Rhian will never lie to her in case she knows about Glaiza's whereabouts.

Rhian took the pitcher of juice. "So if you'll excuse me, I have a wedding preparation to tend to. I don't want to waste my time searching for someone who clearly doesn't give a d*mn about my feelings"

Bianca held Rhian's elbow to stop her from walking about. "What happened, Rhi?" she saw Rhian wiping the lone tear that escaped from her eye.

"Glaiza happened" Rhian smiled sadly then walked out.

Bianca let out a sigh and followed Rhian. She decided to help the duo because she's Rhian's bestie. It's her duty to help Rhian.