Chapter 7 - Consider It Impossible

For a split second, Fox wanted to be deaf. She was already glad she couldn't see at the moment. Screams of prisoners kept Fox alert with her eyes wide open, not struggling against the Shadowlings sharp claws that dug into her skin.

Maybe I should just let myself get cut. At least I'd be free. She thought, her feet crunching on who knows what.

Erick, the young Ellamentian prince, kept struggling in another Shadowling's grip. He didn't seem to care about the blood that was dripping onto the ground now, blood that Fox felt under her bare feet as she walked behind him. She could hear his grunts as he fought with all he had, but the Shadowling fought back stronger.

Closing her eyes, Fox let her sorrows weigh heavy on her. This was it. She was going to die in this place. Sure, maybe warriors would come for Erick, but for her? Doubtful. She was just some blind useless girl. Fox had only proved that point by getting captured.

Coming to a halt, Fox felt the Shadowling fling her into a cell. Its claws scraped against her skin and left good sized cuts. She hit the wall with a loud thud and slumped to the ground, dust flying up into the air. Her head ached from where it hit the wall, and her injuries from the Shadowling burned.

In the cell next to Fox, Erick was thrown against the wall as well. Fox could hear him groan in pain, then snarl as if he was an angry dog.

"That didn't sound nice at all." Fox grumbled at him.

"Well what noise do you want me to make? Meow?" Erick snapped back.

Rolling her eyes, Fox turned her head to face the bars that held her inside the musty cage she sat in. Underneath her fingers she could feel cobwebs and a bone, which she quickly scooted away from. No way she was gonna touch someone's corpse any longer.

A cough was heard somewhere down the hall, but Fox just barely registered it, lost in her own thoughts. What if Cayden was dying right now, and Fox wasn't there next to him. Was he worrying about her? Was he coming to save her right now?

The last possibility didn't even sound like one. Swan wouldn't let him go. No matter how much Pulcharians didn't like the two shape shifters, Swan couldn't stand to loose another warrior, even if that warrior wasn't a good one.
Taking a deep breath, Fox turned back to Erick.

"Hey, did you see a tall, blonde hair, blue eyed guy in battle by any chance? One who could shape shift into a moose?" She asked, desperate for any information.

There was a long silence, and Fox could only guess that Erick either shook his head or didn't hear her.

"I'm blind, so if you shook your head then I can't see it," Fox pressed.

"No, it's not that, I'm just debating whether or not I should tell you what I saw," The prince replied.

"Tell me, or I reach through these bars and choke you," Fox grumbled.

Erick sighed. "Yeah, I saw him... He got stabbed in the chest. But he could very well be alive."

At those words, anger surged through Fox. Standing, she let her powers go crazy. Kicking bones against the wall was only the beginning of her little tantrum. The enchanted cell wouldn't let her elemental controlling escape the little space, but inside it was like a hurricane. Dust swirled around and formed hard, crusted balls, and Fox flung them at any wall or bars, only to hear them fall apart.

Cayden could be dying, dying because of Pulcharius, who forced him into a war he didn't want to go into. She erupted into flames, making sure the fire wouldn't burn her clothes. She hurtled fire anywhere and punched and kicked the walls. All the anger bottled up inside of her slowly spilled out, her cell becoming the center of attention.