Ch.5 - Now or Never

Your P.O.V---------

I kept running. I ran straight to the back gates. I had never really known the grounds perfectly, but I knew how to get home from two blocks before Ouran. Hearing footsteps behind me, I quickly turned around. Kaoru was standing there, looking at me through the bangs that covered his eyes, panting.

"W-Why'd you run away?" He took a couple steps closer, I took a couple steps back. His face hurt.

"Well...I...kissed Hikaru, but...I can't get attached to you guys. No matter how much I want to, I know I can't..." I spoke, looking at my shoes. Kaoru came closer and before I could step back, he hugged me tightly. I stared over his shoulder and in the distance I saw Hikaru and Kyoya. Kyoya was ovbiously smirking because he knew he was right. Hikaru was hurt. I felt tears sting my eyes. I think it would be best if I stayed away from the host club. I can't live with the thought of hurting any of them or causing them to much drama or trouble. They don't need that in their lives. I pressed my hands against Kaoru and pushed him away. I turned my back at them and walked away. Every single one called out for me. They wanted answers I was to scared to give to them. 

I knew he was probably confused. Kaoru won't understand why I can't get close. I don't know what I want myself, so how could I want somebody else? I'm scared to get close, but I hate being alone. I trust people easily, I'll let them in and they'll be nice, that is, until they go and backstab me. They'll spread rumors and everybody will despise me or hate me more than they do now. I grabbed me head and tried to get those thoughts out of my head...maybe I'm just one of those people who need to be alone to be with others. I need to find out what I want before I can fuffil other peoples wants.

Three weeks later---Kaoru's P.O.V

Akira has made little to no contact with us or the rest of the Host Club. What did she mean when she said she can't be close with us? I might be acting quite selfish, but I need to know why she isn't coming to the Club anymore, why is she sitting alone at lunch, not eating, why did she move her seat to the front or the other side of the room. The only thing she has said to me was 'sorry' when she bumped into me leaving class. There's something wrong with her. She's been getting skinnier everyday and is keeping her hair in front of her face. Almost as if she's hiding from every one else.

I told Hikaru about it and he just shrugged it off like it was no big deal. I knew he really liked her. There's no denying his feelings. He cares, but he doesn't show it. If he kissed her, why would he act this way? Did he mean it when he called her out toy? I didn't. To me that was a joke. I found out something new about Hikaru the day Tamaki came into the music room, dragging him by the ear all the way through...