Two To Be Admired 「Part❷」

You came early to school to hide your canvas in the art room so you could finish it after school when no one was around, besides Rome, so you just brought your sketchbook to class for drawing. When you returned to the art studio a while later it was already full of other students as you took your seat at the back of the room--like usual. Rome was not in class yet so you decided to just sketch whatever came to mind until he arrived. 'So, what should I draw,' you thought as you took your pencil out and tapped the eraser against your chin. You hated when you could not think of anything, but luckily you were interrupted. "U-Um, ____?" you hear someone call to you in a shaky voice. Looking up from your empty paper you see Arthur standing next to you, his hands held at his sides in fists as his eyes darted around the room. You smiled, adoring his shy appearance. "Hello, Arthur," you say as gently as possible, "good morning." Arthur's eyes connected with yours for a second before they darted away again. "Ye-Yes, good morning to you too," he said in a rush, "I was wondering if, maybe, can I see what you're drawing?" You blinked a few times before turning red from his curiosity. "O-Oh, sure!" you stammer as you look down at your blank page, "but I didn't start drawing yet... I can't figure out what to draw."

As Arthur took his seat next to you, you found yourself staring at his profile. The way his hair fell gently over his forehead, how his eyes shimmered, and the way the sun coming through the window next to you created defined shadows across his eyelids and his neck was just perfect to draw. As he was about to turn his head to look at you, you gasped, fearing that the perfect angle would get ruined. "That's ok, love, I-" he began before he became too stunned to continue. You put your hand unconsciously on his cheek to prevent him from turning any further and found yourself staring at him too intently. Your hand stayed there for a second, feeling the softness of his cheek in your hand made you blush and pull your hand away while apologizing, "s-sorry, I just- Your face- I mean, the angle with the light- a-and-"

Arthur's cheeks were a bright red at seeing an adorable blush spread across your cheeks down to your neck. Laughing as he glanced at you he tried to calm you, "it's fine, love. I understand." He turned his head back so that it was a perfect profile view for you. "Is this alright?" he asked as he looked foreword. You studied his pose and saw that his chin had to be down a bit more for the light to hit it just right. "Could you, uh, maybe put your head down a bit?" you asked politely, Arthur doing just as you said. "Good?" he asked, still looking straight ahead. You studied him again then noticed what needed to be fixed. "Sorry, but could you look down, w-without moving your head," you whisper, "just your eyes." For some reason, when you whispered the last three words it made him very embarrassed. Maybe it was just because it meant you were paying attention to every detail of him, but it made his heart quicken. "A-Am I ok?" he said as he looked down, like you requested. As your eyes scanned over his profile again, you noticed a hair being out of place. Reaching up, you gingerly touch his soft blond hair with the tips of your fingers and smile contently. "Ok," you whisper to yourself as you sit back and start to sketch out his face.

As Arthur sat there he could just feel his heart race a mile a minute at having your lovely (e/c) eyes on him, studying and drawing every detail on his face. The two of you sat there, in your own little world, and all the awkward nervousness that was associated with this situation prior has been completely erased from your memories. While you drew, you felt as if the two of you were getting to know each other better through the silence. As you began to shade in the necessary places of his face and give life to the sketch by adding light to his eyes. Just as you finished the quick, yet detailed sketch, Rome came into the room just as the bell rang. "Ciao students~!" he cheered as he went up to his desk and found more finished finals, "only today and tomorrow in class to finish your-a finals~ Or you will have to join-a me in class on finals week." You looked away from your paper to look back at Arthur. Leaning closer to his ear you whisper, "you can move now." Arthur smiled as he looked at you and waited to be shown your work. "May I see?" he asked in a whisper, making sure not to be noticed by the teacher.