Padua High

Torrence's POV:
Today was my first day at Padua High as a Junior. I looked around to find a word to describe this school. No words.
I saw a group of Bob Marley fans, a few nerds staring at me lovingly. I gave them a small fake smile because honestly I was creeped out. I saw a group of coffee kids. After walking for a while I saw a guy dressed in a blue button up shirt and black pants. Why does he have to dress so fancy? He can wait for prom to dress like my grandfather. He was poking fun at a few people and flirting with some girls. He started fixing his hair and trying to catch his reflection every now and then. How vain.
I looked away as he caught me staring. I looked at him again and he winked at me. I gave him the bird.
Yeah a girl with suspenders and glasses gives someone the bird? Killing stereotypes since birth. Though I could say I wore everything opposite to what I usually desire on purpose. People don't need to know my true colors at school. I don't want them to know who I am so after a slight second they would turn my likings against me.
I looked around to find someone normal. My eyes caught two girls at a distance as I heard and saw them listening to Bad Reputation. One of them was wearing casual patterned clothes and the other was wearing really hippie clothes. I walked over to them and they looked up at me questioningly.
"Hey,I-I'm new here.My name's Torrence.Can you tell me where the councilor's is?"I said. There we go with the stutter.
"I'm Kat" The girl with curly hair and patterned clothes said with a smile.
"I'm Mandella" Said the girl next to her with straight but styled hair and really hippie clothes with a sweet smile.
"Joan Jett is one hell of a singer right?"I said starting a conversation.
"You know who she is?"Kat said. I nodded.
"Councilor's office?"I asked.
"Second floor,third door to your left."Kat said. "See you around I guess."
"Yeah thank you so much."I said pacing to the councilor's office.
As I was in front of the councilor's office I saw a boy in the office feeling uneasy and uncomfortable.
"I'm sure you won't find Padua any different than your old school. Except shit for brains everywhere."The councilor said laughing with her middle finger directed to the window where a bird literally shit. I waited outside til she finishes up with that guy in there.
"Welcome to Padua High,Cameron James."The guy whispered to himself.
"Now scoot I have a novel to finish, scoot."She said and Cameron took his bag and schedule quickly only to bump into another fellow. Uggh I have to wait more. Cameron smiled at the tall black haired boy, but the boy only stared back at Cameron like he would kill him any second. Cameron left scared. He saw me and smiled.
"Hi, you're new?"He said cheerfully.
"Yeah. Is it that obvious?"I said and his smile faded.
"No, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that I guessed it as a thought in my head." He said with a nervous laugh.
"Calm down.I didn't take it offensively." I said and he smiled holding out his hand.
"Cameron James." He said and I shook his hand.
"Torrence Peters."I said.
"Well, I guess I'll meet you when you're done and there is this guy who is about to give us a tour named Michael."He said smiling and waved at me.

I eavesdropped  everything this bad-ass looking guy was saying to the councilor bored.
"Patrick Verona, I guess we are making our visits a weekly ritual."The councilor gives him a withering glance. Patrick gives her a charming smile.
"Just so we can have these moments together."
"It says here you exposed yourself in the cafeteria."She said exhausted.
"It was a bratwurst.I was eating lunch."Patrick said.
"With what?Your zipper?"She said.
"I was having fun with the lunch lady."He said.
"Next time keep it in your pouch kangaroo boy.Now scoot."She said.Cool Patrick is Australian.Why do I care?

As Patrick got out of the office he smiled at me and winked. He left glancing back at me once or twice.
Someone cleared their throat.
"Hi my name is Torrence Peters."I said.
"Where are you from?New York?"She asked and I shook my head.
"New Zealand."I said
"My name is Miss Perky.This is your schedule."She said handing me the schedule.
"Thanks."I said.
"Hope you enjoy your school year. Because next year is going to be your worst."She said laughing slightly. I fake laughed and left. She gives me the creeps.

Worst year of my life.

Author's note:Did ya like it?Thanks for reading.Please comment,vote and share.