Chapter Three

Was she actually being serious? Did she actually believe that everything started with Jace? She is so completely wrong, this all started because its the only way I could figure out to feel confident and good about myself. The only way that I can actually express myself and get everything out. Sure it might not be healthy emotionally but it helps me so that's all that matters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom seriously, I don't need help getting out of the door my injuries aren't that bad." I say as I push my mom off of me. She has been getting on my last nerve ever since they checked me out of the hospital not even an hour ago. It's been a few days since I had my talk with Alison and I haven't seen or heard from her since. Spending a few days alone in the hospital gave me some time to think. I came to the conclusion that she is one hundred percent wrong about Jace. I don't even know where she got that ridiculous idea. But ever since I saw Jace at the hospital I haven't been able to get him out of my mind and him in my mind is even more annoying than my mother helping me out of the car.

"Honey you broke a few ribs and look like your in a lot of pain. Just let us help you." She pleads with me. I am about to rip her head off.

"Mom! Will you just leave me be! You haven't done anything for me since the day I was born, so why all of a sudden are you now? Because I got into a bad and fatal car accident? Because you feel bad? Well a real parent would have cared about leaving their daughter alone in a house on her birthday while they went to New York for work." I stared at both of them fuming, I had to admit that it felt good to tell them all of that stuff. I had been holding it in for so long that it felt good to let go.

"Ella, we didn't realize what kind of affect this had on you. We are so sorry but we have to work we can't just quite to be with you."

I ball my hands into fists, how could she just say that to me? I mean I understood that they couldn't quit work just for me. But the fact that neither of them even tried to be there for me ever just sent me into a rage.

"I understand that. But just the fact that you have never even tried to get to know me or even care for me or be there for me when I needed you but then all of a sudden I get into an accident and you actually seem like you care." I yell at the top of my lungs not even caring if the neighbors heard me. My mom takes a few steps towards me and glares at me.

"Shhh, Ella the neighbors might hear you."

"Really is that all that you care about? Is that the neighbors might hear me yelling about how imperfect this family really is. That I might ruin your precious reputation. This is what I'm talking about, this right here. The fact that you didn't hear a word I said or that you don't even care that I basically called both of you horrible parents. Which both of you are whether you realize it or not. But I'm not about to let both of you get me down, I'm done thinking that this family can be put back together because it can't."

After that I stormed off into the house and up the stairs to my room. I collapse on my bed but then regret it because lacing pain shoots through my ribs. I turn around on my back and look at the ceiling letting the tears run down my face.

How did I get such horrible parents? Did they even care about me at all? The thing that hurts the most though is that I do have happy memories with my parents. Like when they took me and Jace to the zoo and we just walked around looking at the animals. Also when they took me and Jace for a picnic in our backyard...

Then I thought about it for a second, every happy memory I have with my parents is with Jace...

I think back to when my parents stopped trying to make happy memories and just gave up on being a family. Then I remember that it was right after they found out about Jace and what he did. So there's another reason to hate his guts, because he's the reason I don't have parents who care. What more could that kid possibly do to ruin my life?