Chapter Two

We are stopped at a red light pulled a little bit too far into the intersection. When all of a sudden I see a car speeding towards the intersection just as the light turns green.

"LILLY LOOK OUT!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I scream just as the car hits my side and causes our car to spin out of control and make us hit a cross walking sign head on. I jerk to the right hitting my head on the window and then when we hit the poll I jerk forward hitting my head on the dash. I hear Lilly asking me if I'm alright but I can't seem to turn my head and look at her or move at all for that matter. All I hear are .people yelling and then everything goes black.

***************************************************

When I wake up I'm in the hospital with a horrible pain in my head and my ribs. I look around and immediately regret it when a splitting pain courses through my head. I see my current boy toy sitting in the chair next to my bed. When he realizes that I'm awake he jumps up and rushes to my side, I don't even understand why, he knows that we will never be anything more than bed buddies.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" I cringe at his words and look away from him.

"Ben please, you know how I feel about that." I say finally looking at him. "Can you please go get a nurse, my head's killing me." Just as he's about to walk out of the room I realize that Lilly is nowhere to be seen. "Wait, where's Lil?"

Ben turns around and looks at me, not saying anything. "Ben...where is Lilly?" I ask my voice rising higher as fear runs through it.

"She's in emergency surgery right now. No one will tell me anything so I don't know what's going on." I breathe a sigh of relief that she's not dead but that doesn't mean that she'll survive either. Ben notices this and smiles sadly and walks out to go get me a nurse.

I sit there with my eyes closed waiting for the nurse to come to my room and make this pain stop. After a few minutes someone finally walks into my room and I breathe a sigh of relief that this headache will be gone soon. But as soon as I open my eyes I freeze and my whole body stiffens. I see the one person standing in front of me that I wished I would never see again after 8th grade, Jace.

I can tell that he doesn't recognize me because he just goes on about his work and looks at me with a strange look because of how I'm looking at him. He asks me how I am feeling but I don't hear him, I just sit there as anger starts to boil up inside of me. How could he not recognize? Did I really mean that little to him that he could just forget about me after 4 years? What was he even doing at the hospital anyways? He doesn't have a degree and isn't even experienced, well not that I know of.

I watched him as he gave me another strange look and walked over to grab a clipboard that was hanging at the edge of my bed. As soon as he opens the clipboard his face goes pale and looks up at me obviously realizing who I was. Anger boils up inside me, just the fact that he didn't know who I was until he looked at that damned clipboard made my blood boil. If I wasn't in extreme amounts of pain, I would show him the wrath of Ella.

"Ella...Is that-Is that really you?" He stutters out, I just roll my eyes.

"That's what it says on my chart doesn't it, nurse boy?" I retort back venom evident in my voice, glad that Lilly wasn't here because she would make me play nice even though she knows how much he has hurt me. He looks down sadness on his face, for what I couldn't tell you. It was his fault and choice to let me go. Still looking down at his shoes he answers me.

"Ella please don't be like this. Can't we just be civilized adults about this? I don't want to start any drama between us."

My eyes widen at his words, did he really just say that? Who does he think he is to say these things? He deserves what he's about to get.