♡ Chapter 6

Few Months Later*

The starry wind chime chimed with the sweetest melody as a gentle breeze stirred it and went on. The auditory sensation of it, soothing Noorie's heart as her eyes looked at the wind chime with affectionate eyes. The wind chime consisted of crystal stars hanging upon small crystalline beads and the sound was from a cylindrical shaped silver polished metal surrounded by eight layers of crystal stars. It looked lovely and sounded wonderful.

One of the particular crsytal star of the wind chime reminded Noorie of her star. And its music was playing havoc with her emotions, making her feel nostalgic about her star.

Her star.

She missed watching it, talking to it or simply gazing at it. She could do all that again, but after that disastrous day, she changed and gave up on a few of her interests. Particularly the one that were affiliated with her past.

She was passing by the streets when she saw this wind chime hanging from the display window of this gift shop. She couldn't resist checking it out.  She felt something deep in her heart as she heard its melodious sound.  It was like her star was calling for her. She cannot fight this feeling. How does one fight the feeling that they had been running away from, once they caught you and doesn't let you go? She cannot do it. So, she planned to buy it.

As Noorie entered the shop, she had a Deja Vu sort of feeling. Like she had not come here herself, but was brought by some force. Her heart was charging up with sensations that was playing riot with her mind. Thinking it all to be silly, she pushed her thoughts away and went ahead to the window shelf to have a look at that wind chime. But, before she could put her hands on it, a man who was blocking her way, took hold of it.

Her heart sighed foretelling that she lost it, but before she could react to it, the voice of the man made her heart do a flip and those sensations she tried to ignore, began to surface, making her feel nervous.

"He took it from me, so I came down to get another one," The man said in a deep voice, looking at the salesman.

From their conversation, Noorie gathered that he has bought one of the same wind chime yesterday, which his son took to hang in his room and so he is buying the other one for himself. She loved it at first sight as well and wanted to buy it. Perhaps they have another of the same kind. She walks around other sections , checking out stuffs, hoping for the man to move away so that she can inquire the salesman regarding it.

The man was taking a hell of time as he inspected the starry wind chime. He was asking questions which she could hear, and his voice was hitting her brains to remember something.

She felt certain that she had heard this voice somewhere. But, where...?

Standing at the shelf nearby, she took a look of him, trying to see his face, but couldn't. His back was facing her. Although, from his personality, Noorie was sure that he was a good looking man, well-built and athletic, with jet black semi-straight hair crowning his head and some hanging on his temple. She could say that because she noticed the man trying to push them back once. Also, from his manner of dealing with the salesman she concluded that he is quite a gentleman. She was listening to their conversation when the shopkeeper shot her a look, to check if she needed something. At that same moment, the man turned around and met her eyes. She was taken off guard and her expression changed from sober to horrified, as if she has seen a ghost.