Chapter 8

I ran through the forest as fast as I could, trying to catch either Liam's or Hayden's scent. I couldn't come up with anything. It's like they're just...gone.

I stopped when I heard the familiar sound of Scott's roar. I followed the sound and found him at the edge of the clearing.

So many memories are held here. Most of them not so good.

I walked up behind him, Derek and Malia soon joining.

"There's no scent. No tracks. No way to find them." Scott said, a little out of breath from the run.

"But Liam, can howl back, right?" Malia asked.

"Only if he heard him." Derek said.

"We should go back home." I said, "you know, come up with a plan?"

Before anyone could answer, Scott's phone rang.

"It's Kira." He said, answering. "Hello?"

"What? Are you serious?"

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Bye."

"What happened?" Malia asked.

"No time to explain. Just go to home and I'll tell you when I get back." Scott said, running off.

"What do you think happened?" Malia asked.

"I don't know, nothing good."

-----

We took Derek's car to our house, getting out and walking through the door. Judging by Stiles' car in the driveway, he and Theo must already be there.

When we got to the living room, Stiles and Theo stood in the living room.

"Any luck?" Stiles asked. I just shook my head and sat down on the couch.

"Hey, are you okay?" Theo asked, crouching down in front of me and taking my hands.

"Not really." I answered, looking down at our hands. I could feel Derek's eyes on us, but I didn't bother looking.

"Hey, we'll figure this out and save them, okay?" Theo said. I looked into his eyes.

"But how do you know that? Everything is going wrong. So far nothing has gone right. And...I'm just scared. Everything seems to be falling apart and I don't know how much longer we'll survive." I said, a tear slipped down my cheek. Theo used hus thumb to wipe it away.

"What happened to you in there?" He asked quietly.

"It happened again." I said.

"Another memory?"

"Sort of...this one was like a nightmare that I was trapped in." I said. "I thought I was dead for a while."

"What do you mean?"

"I saw myself, or another me. She said that my time was up. And she killed me." I said.

"You killed yourself?" He asked. I nodded.

"Look, I don't know what it means, but I know that it won't happen. I'm not going to let you get hurt. None of us are." He told me.

For some reason I didn't believe him. Someone was going to get hurt. I just know it.

Scott came through the door and walked into the room.

"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles asked. He just ignored him and walked right past us and down the hall.

"Scott?" Theo asked. He ignored Theo too and continued to walk upstairs to his room.

"No, Scott. Don't!" I heard Lydia yell. I ran up the stairs, straight to Scott's room where I found him with his claws stuck in the back of Corey's neck.