Chapter 9

It's now been five days. Five days since everyone began distancing themselves from each other. Five days since we've had any encounters with chimeras or the dread doctors. Five days since we've seen Derek. Five days since I've spoken to anyone.

I guess it feels like everyone's got secrets. Things that they'd rather keep to themselves. For example, Malia. I know that she's been looking for clues on her mother. She hasn't told anyone, but I know.

Scott. He hasn't said much to anyone. We live in the same house, but we hardly say hello, good morning or goodnight. I can tell that he's still upset about Kira leaving. We all are. But something else is bothering him.

Then there's Theo. I just...I just don't know with him anymore. Somethings just off with him. Lately he's been different. Like he's waiting for something to happen.

And Stiles. Somethings definitely wrong with him. He's hiding something. He's been hiding it for a while now. Whatever he's hiding is bad. Really bad. And Theo knows exactly what it is.

Me. Well, I've been hiding something of my own. I haven't done anything wrong. Not yet at least. I haven't killed anyone since that night that .....Derek returned back to his normal self. It's the prints. The cheetah prints on my arms and my back. It's spreading. Really, really fast. And my nails are razor sharp. And sometimes I get this feeling...like I want to transform, but I can't. Somethings stopping me. I can't control it. And it's not only that. I've decided to go looking for Derek. I know he's out there somewhere. And I'm gonna find him.

Ever since he went missing, it's like there's this hole in my chest. And it can't be filled until I find him and know that he's okay. I guess it's just a part of the mate bond.

---

I walked inside the boys locker room. I was looking for Scott.

I turned a corner through the lockers and found him clutching his chest and leaning against the lockers, trying to catch his breath.

"Scott?" I whispered, walking up to him. He slowly looked up at ne and nodded.

"I'm fine." He said. We heard a noise coming from somewhere in the room. I sniffed around for a scent. Liam.

Me and Scott slowly walked towards him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, startling him a bit. He quickly shut his bag, wanting to hide whatever was in there from us.

"Nothing." He said.

"Hey, Liam. Just remember, it's a full moon tomorrow." Scott said. "And you're probably already starting to feel it."

"I know." Liam said.

"It's a super moon. Which means it's gonna be closer to the Earth.."

"Yeah," Liam interrupted. "I know what it means."

He gave Scott a cold look. What the hell is his problem?

"Okay." Scott said, aware of Liam's little attitude. "Well, just remember I'm here for you. Both of us."

Liam clenched his jaw and shook his head, slamming his locker door shut, making me jump slightly.

"You gonna chain me to the tree again?" He asked, he had a dark tone in his voice.

"All I meant was that I might be a good idea if we stick together..." Scott said. Liam just shook his head and went to grab his things.

"Liam, what the hell is your problem?" I asked. He looked at me and then looked down.

"We can't protect anyone." He said, leaving the room.

I turned to Scott.

"Did I miss something?"