Part 50

Fifty

Cold fear settled into her heart as Audra waited alone in Pinctada, and it wasn't just from the ice numbing her hurts. Giving in to Jay was a mistake which could cost her everything she'd worked for. She'd lose her job, just like Penny. Shit, sleeping with him made her no better than Penny. And he'd already fucked Penny. He only said he'd bought the hotel - he could be lying to get her to sleep with him. If he was lying about that, then he was probably lying about his prowess, too. He'd turn out to be like the only other boy she'd been with, just a quick fumble in the dark in less time than it took to stuff him into a condom. Oral sex was a fantasy only found in books. No man she'd ever met wanted his mouth anywhere near a girl's lady parts. Jay wouldn't, either. He was as full of shit as any other man.

She needed to get her ID and head back to bed. Alone. Now, where had Jay hidden it? It wouldn't hear them, he'd said, which meant under or inside something. Shit...what if he'd stuffed it between the couch cushions? It would have recorded everything.

Audra ripped the cushions off the modular sofa, sweeping them all onto the floor, but there was no sign of her ID. She ducked down to check under the couch, but it wasn't there, either.

Jay's laugh echoed off the tiles as he entered the house. "Look all you like, but you won't find it there. Are you trying to trash this place like I did next door? Go ahead." He set the heart-shaped box on the bench. "You said you put this in my bedroom for romancing my guest. The only woman I want to romance is you, so I hope you picked the ones you like. There sure are a lot of them." He flipped open the lid and pulled out a strip of foil packets. "Studded for those who like it rough. Ribbed for extra pleasure. Chocolate for extra sweetness..."

Audra snorted with laughter. "You made that up. A chocolate condom? It'd melt."

Jay held it up. "Chocolate flavoured, it says. We can open it up and see."

Audra pressed her lips together and swallowed hard. "We shouldn't. I shouldn't be here. I should go..."

"Really?" Jay's eyes burned with frightening intensity. "Then let me give you a goodbye kiss."

He didn't hesitate this time. Audra found herself yanked hard against him as his tongue seduced her lips apart. With every stroke of his tongue, he licked away her resistance and coaxed the spark of desire inside her into a roaring bushfire that devoured all her good intentions.

"What do you want, Audra?"

The moan that came out of her mouth didn't sound like hers. "You."

Jay chuckled. "That's the best news I've heard all day." He fished something out of his pocket and slapped it on the table. "That says I'll give you the best orgasm you ever had and you'll beg for more."

Audra's gaze followed his pointing finger and what she saw sliced through her lust like a shark fin gliding across the lagoon. She'd never seen as much cash as the stack of fifties sitting on the bench. "How much is that?" she said faintly.

"Five grand."

Enough to pay for the repairs to her car and buy her the basic DSLR camera she'd seen at the electronics shop in town without touching her savings. But... "Jay, I'm not a prostitute. You can't pay me for sex."

He caressed her face. "You're not and I'm not. Fuck. No, that's a bet. You're still not sure and I get that. You don't think I can give you what you're asking for. That money says I can and I will."

"I can't match that. I don't have that kind of money, Jay." A hysterical giggle escaped her. "If that's how much it is to hire you for a night, I can't afford you."