Welcome To Penacook High

Chapter 1

Mildred's P.O.V

Here I am. This is it, Mildred H. Carter. First day of your torturous life in this hellhole...I mean high school. You got this. Well, not really but you can—Damn it who am I kidding? I don't wanna be here! Penacook High? Seriously? I heard that some gang members study here. What were they called again? The Nameless? That name sucks. Couldn't they have thought of something better? Gee...anyway, back to the topic. That isn't the main reason I want to crawl into a shell and never come out. You see I'm a geek. Not a nerd, a geek. I mean, just cause a person wears eyeglasses and basically dresses like a 13-year-old boy doesn't make them a nerd. Although, I am hoping to get my grades up so that I can hopefully skip a few years and escape this place. Hehe. But once I walk through the entrance I bet I'm gonna be the number 1 target of bullies. In middle school, I was in the top 3 most targeted "weaklings", but I at least had one friend. Damn. I really want to use the bathroom but it's inside the school, and I really don't want to go in—

"You're blocking the way, Dork." Just my luck, it's Nick, my brother. It's bad enough that he's popular, but come on! Does he have to be part of the damn baseball team? Every single time I hear a girl talking about his "great ass" it makes me want to puke. We're not the Kardashians and all, but we do come from a family with huge butts. Sadly, I have the biggest ass...although my brother IS the BIGGEST ASS (Family wise).

"Please give me a break douche," I replied not even sparing a glance at his pathetic face.

"Whatever, Mil-DREAD."

My eyes instantly snapped to his face as he said that horrid nickname...the terrible memories. "Don't you dare call me that you ugly scumbag!!"

"Whoa...early in the morning and you've already turned into a monster. And don't insult this face! This is what you call beauty." He says at his face.

"..." I'm not moving. Gotta build up courage and confidence before I go in!

"Would you mind stepping aside?" I heard Nick say as he put both his hands behind my back.

"Hey! What are you—stop! Don't!" before I could even finish what I was saying he pushed me through the school's entrance. "push...me inside."

I stood there for a moment. Some people were staring cause I bet we made a commotion from outside (wouldn't surprise me, though. But maybe it's just my appearance.) and some were just minding their businesses. Thank you for that own business minders, but I can't say the same to you business minders! As I was standing there, I didn't know what to do. My eyes wandered around, and I notice that almost everyone's made friends and all that jazz. So this confirms it. I'm gonna be a loner for four years, aren't I? I mean, I understand why no one would come up to me on the first day...or probably the last day. I wore a T-shirt with Kaneki Ken's face on it (From Tokyo Ghoul! KYAAAA~!), I wore jeans, worn out rubber shoes, and an SF GIANTS jacket that's a tad too big. My eyeglasses and weird brown wavy hair don't excuse all those either. I honestly have no idea how to fix my hair, so I just put a hairpin on both sides of my head. Someone kill me now. But come on! I kinda made an effort here...at least let me feel welcome you sea of spawns.

"Hey sis, I can walk you to the principal's office so we can get your class schedule."

"Nick, I'm pretty sure you get the class schedule at the counselor's office. You've been studying here for two years now. You should at least know that. And I know you don't want to be seen with me. Why don't you just find some loose bimbo to take home—actually, no. Why don't you just find your teammates and go on being the popular ass you are?"

"Mildred, it's not that I don't want to be seen with you...I really don't care abo—"

"Yeah, that's not what happened last time."