Whispers in the Wind - Chapter 1

This story is the sequel to The Alpha's Daughter. If you haven't read that book, then I suggest you do in order for this story to make sense. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Alpha’s Daughter – Whispers in the Wind: Chapter 1

Annie:

He was on top of me.

I could feel the heat of his body radiating onto mine, the dampness of the sweat on his torso, trickling onto the skin of my abdomen. Staring at the ceiling, I was vaguely aware of some sort of rhythm that he was getting up, his fingers digging into the tops of my arms hard enough to leave bruises.

“Is it in yet?” I demanded. All movement stopped, and I could feel his eyes on my face. I unwillingly flitted my own to meet his eyes, trying to stop my heart pounding in fear at the look on his face.

“What d’you mean, “is it in yet?”?” he yelped. I smirked, running my fingertips over his cheeks.

It was a simple enough question, one that I knew would drive him mad and wound his pride.

“Well, Flint,” I snapped angrily, “usually when a woman asks that question, it definitely means the bloke’s not doing something right!” Flint glowered down at me, immediately getting off of me and pulling on his boxers. I tried not to laugh; normally it took more to wind him up. All men were the same; insult their manhood and they were gone like a shot.

But he would be back, sadly; Dante wanted a baby, and it seemed that I just screamed Walking Incubator.

Flint left, slamming the door behind him. I was surprised; it usually took longer to get him to leave. Perhaps it was because yet another full moon had passed, and the ever present voice of his wolf had gotten quieter for the time being. No doubt he would be back though; he always was.

Routine had become a constant. I woke in the morning to the sound of shouting – normally Dante and Rollo’s – and breaking dishes. Then one of them would come upstairs. If it was Dante, I was in for a smack, and a rant at how it was obviously my fault that I wasn’t pregnant. If it was Rollo, he would bring food and a smile.

Five months was a long time to be on your back; never getting to leave the room in case it was for one of the two bathroom breaks I was allowed. Even then, the door was left open, so that any chance to escape was scuppered. That, and the fact that Dante liked to stare at me while I had my jeans round my ankles, the letch.

Loneliness was another constant. It hung in the air; imposing on the room. I wasn’t sure if anyone in this house was happy. It was like they passed each other from time to time, never really acknowledging the fact that they were here together.

Not that I ever saw anyone when they weren’t in here. Dante could have hundreds of pack members congregating here, and I only got contact with a rare few.

Rollo was the only relief.

I knew, that if it hadn’t been for him, everything would be ten times worse. At least I could counteract the beatings and the pure humiliation with the fact that Rollo would patch me up.

At least for now, anyway.

I straightened up slightly as someone knocked on the door, the sound echoing around the depressingly empty room. It was bleak, and miserable.