Chapter Two

It was dark in Los Angeles, California. It was 1:15am. Nash Grier, 19, was lying on his queen-sized bed when he started crying.
"I can't let them down." he murmured. He sniffled. "But I can't take this pain anymore."
He grabbed his phone, which was sitting next to his right hip on the bed, and opened up Twitter. He scrolled through his newsfeed and after seeing nothing interesting, moved to his direct messages.
He had a lot of DMs. He didn't read any of them, but as he was scrolling through them all, his left thumb accidentally tapped a girl's message.
With tears clouding his vision, he read it. He read it a few times actually. Something caught his attention.
"This girl wants me to stay strong. I need to do it for her." Nash looked at her Twitter page. "Shyla Becker." he said quietly to himself. He opened up her profile photo. "She's uh, wow, very pretty." He read her bio 3 times. Nash stopped himself. "What am I doing?" He asked himself. "She's probably just another crazy fan." He looked around his dark room and laughed slightly. "I'm not obsessing over a fan." He laughed one more, through is words. "I'm...I'm." He thought for a moment. "I'm going crazy I need to stop."
He closed the girl's page and went downstairs for a glass of water.
"I need to clear my mind." He said, as he was returning to his bedroom. But he couldn't. He couldn't stop thinking about this girl.
Nash grabbed his phone from his bed and went to his messages. He wanted to write her back. But what to say?
He just started typing.
"Hey Shyla. Thanks for writing to me. It's people like you who keep me going. Write if you wanna talk. -Nash" He sat back and looked at his message.
"Good?" He asked himself. "Good." He responded.
He hit the send button, and watched until it said "delivered".