Chapter Eight

It's funny how somebody can come into your life unexpectedly when you're feeling lost and down. This was exactly what happened to Nash Grier. If he never tweeted that one night, he would have never met the person that had changed the way he viewed life. 
Interestingly enough, Nash, the boy who started on an app who grew to be loved by millions, had never felt this genuinely happy before. Even if you have fame and money, it doesn't necessarily mean you're happy. Sometimes you need a real flesh and blood person to make that happiness happen. 

After Nash received the message from Shyla with her number, he almost immediately texted her that evening. 
"Hey it's Nash"  he typed. He was unsure if he should write more or leave it at that. "Could you tell me more-" He backspaced to what he wrote first. "That should be good." he said out loud. "I don't want to seem creepier than I've already been." Nash took a breath. He was committed to this; he couldn't leave now. He tapped send and braced himself for what might happen. 

Five minutes went by - no response. 

"What if she is messing with me?" Nash said, biting his lip. He was serious about this and didn't want to get turned down. I mean, she gave him her number, right? What's the worst that could happen? 

Five, then ten minutes passed. 

"Maybe she's sleeping." he glanced at the clock on his bedside table. It read 8:26 pm. He was unsure of the time in Minnesota so he had to google it on his phone. "It's only 10:30 there, she should be awake." 

He never really thought about that. All the different time zones in the world. How there's people from almost everywhere and that time varies from place to place. 

His phone buzzed. Nash looked down with hope in his eyes. And who could it be? Nonetheless it was Shyla. 

"Hi Nash" was the response. Only a two word answer and yet he felt insanely happy.
He gripped his cellphone tight and texted a response.
"What's up?" He typed.
Nash shook his head. "That sounds dumb. I don't want her to think I'm stupid." He said for a second and looked up around his room.
He got it.
"How are you doing?" More "personal" he would say. He bit send and waited the message sent.
Nash grabbed his laptop from on his bed and flipped it open.
Twitter.com he typed in on the search bar. He scrolled through his twitter feed and saw a tweet from Cameron.
"Probably the worst feeling is accomplishing something huge and then having your friends turn you down for something else."
Nash grew hot. "That ass is talking about me isn't he?" Nash was going to give Cam a piece of his mind.
Nash stopped decided to call him, so he isn't limited to 140 words.
The line rang for 2 minutes and it went to voicemall.
"Pick up you idiot." As Nash dialed again. Finally, on the second try Cameron answered.
"Hello?" Cam's said in a small, soft voice.
"Hello Cameron." Nash replied, with a harsh tone. "How's your book? Don't think I care, huh?" There was a moment of silence on both ends.
"Um, Nash, I just was a little, uh, mad because you didn't sound excited. I'm uh, sorry." Nash wasn't buying it.
"Pssh, whatever, Cam. I'm not buying the "sorry" crap. Be mad at me I don't care." He hung up, with Cam stunned on the other end.
"Whatever. I have better things to worry about."