Chapter One

It was a dark, cool July night in Hanska, Minnesota. Shyla Becker, 16, was scrolling through her newsfeed on Twitter, when she came across a tweet from Nash Grier, internet star.
Shyla has been a fan of Nash since she was 14.
This tweet was different than usual. Most of the time his tweets are happy and cheerful, but this one was sad.
"Hey guys," she read. "I don't know if I can keep going. I feel like giving up. I'm sorry." Shyla was taken aback. She went to her direct messages and thought of something to write to Nash.
"Not like he's going to read it anyway." she said to herself. Shyla started typing.
"Hi Nash." she wrote. "I read your tweet. I just want to say don't give up. You are such an incredible guy, and I don't want anything to happen to you. I love you." She read over her message, signed her name and hit send.
Shyla lay back against her pillow and plugged in her white headphones. She placed the earbuds into her ears and hit shuffle. Little Bit by Skate Maloley came up first. "Yes." She said outloud. This was her favorite song. Skate was also her cousin. They don't get to spend a lot of time together, because he lives in California, so she misses him a lot.
After listening to music and looking on Snapchat and Instagram for an hour, Shyla looked over at her bedside clock, which read 3:12am.
She turned off her phone, set it on the table next her bed, and fell asleep.