Chapter Three

The next morning, Shyla woke up to the sound of her mother's voice from downstairs.
"Shyla Jae!" She yelled. "I have told you a million times to wash those dishes! Now come down and clean them."
She looked at her clock. It read 11:27.
Shyla sighed, and without looking, grabbed her cellphone.
As she made it into her small kitchen, she saw the heaping pile of dishes on the counter next to the sink. "Ugh." She mumbled.
• • •
After having her elbows deep in dirty dishwater for over an hour, Shyla finished up the last spoon, and put it in the drying rack.
She went over to the hand towel hanging off of the oven handle, and dried her soaking hands.
Shyla grabbed her phone, which was next to the sink on the counter, and a box of cheez its from a cabinet above her head. She ran up the stairs, phone and snacks in hand.
Shyla flopped down onto her bed and turned her iPhone on. On her lock screen she had a Facebook poke, a new Instagram follower and a Twitter notification. She swiped over the Twitter notification and typed in her passcode. There was a tiny 1 over the small envelope symbol.
She reached a hand into the open box of cheez its and took one out. She clicked on the envelope and that's when she saw it.
A direct message from internet sensation Nash Grier.
Shyla dropped the cracker that was in her hand and screamed a blood curdling scream. "This can't be real. No way." She said rapidly. "I can't believe this."
She opened the message and read it. Over and over again. After letting it soak in for a moment, she took out her MacBook from under her bed and logged onto Twitter.
"Should...should I write back?" She said to herself. "Hold on." She grabbed her phone from her bed and brought up her dialing pad to call her friend, Greta.

Shyla and Greta were best friends. They had been friends since Shyla was 6; Greta being 7. They were friends through family, but not blood related. They got to hang out once every month or so because they were so close. Shyla, in 2014, got Greta interested in Nash Grier, and the whole group of Magcon Boys.
Shyla was hoping Greta would be just as excited about this news as she was herself.

The ringer went on for about 20 seconds until the line picked up.
"Hello?" Greta answered, sleep in her voice. "Greta, hi. I need to talk to you. It's important." Shyla was talking really fast. "Ok sure, what is it?" Greta responded, not sounded interested. "Nash DMed me on Twitter." She blurted out.
There was silence.
"Greta?" Shyla asked.
Greta responded, "You're kidding me." Shyla didn't respond.
"Right?" Greta asked, sounding unsure.
"Are you kidding me ?" Shyla asked, mocking Greta. "Are you kidding? Hah!" Shyla laughed a fake laugh. "No, I am not joking. I wrote to him about his tweet last night and he wrote back to me. Nash Grier. The boy who I have been in love with for the past 2 years of my life. The boy who-" Shyla stopped. Greta sighed on the other end. "You get the idea." Shyla said after waiting a second. Greta responded with a small "Right."
Shyla was getting frustrated. Didn't her friend believe her? This was important to her.
"Hey Shyla, I got to go. I have to, um, mow the lawn, or something. Can I call you later?" Greta said blankly, not really asking her friend at all.
Shyla rubbed her left temple with her left forefinger before responding.
"Yeah, sure, of course." She said through a slow, deep sigh. "Bye."
Before letting Greta answer, Shyla ended the call.
Shyla turned off her phone and just looked at it and laughed.
"She's an idiot. She probably doesn't believe me." Shyla turned to her laptop, opened up her DMs on Twitter, and thought of something to write to Nash. After pondering for a moment, she layed her fingers on the keyboard and started typing. Once she started typing she couldn't stop. The words were just jumping onto the screen like frogs jump onto lily pads when catching flies. After writing a small paragraph, Shyla scanned her work and closed her laptop. She wasn't going to send it. Not yet.