Chapter 7: I'm Totally Superman

Chapter 7

I walked out of the house and took in a deep breath of fresh air.  I almost fell over when I remembered how good he freaking smelled. But the clean, crisp, morning smell made me come back to my senses.

I slowly walked to school and thought about life... Jacob was on my mind too. School passed by in a blur. I didn't really think a whole lot about anything except Jacob. What about him made him so interesting? I mean, he's just a boy.

 I avoided Josh and his crones all day to my relief. Though, I didn't see them all day. They probably skipped school to go get drunk or something. That was a regular occurrence for them.

As I passed Jacobs house, he came sauntering out. 

"Do you just wait for me to come home from school?" I asked.

"No, it seems like you always walk by my house when I am doing things outside."

"Whatever. Well, I gotta go though. Homework and all." I started walking away before he spoke.

"You know, you're sorta mysterious. Who are you? Like superman?" I snickered before turning around.

"Oh yeah, I'm totally Superman." I said sarcastically.

"Well... I don't like Superman that much..." He trailed off when I gave him a funny look.

"What? How could you not?"

"He's just so over powerful... It doesn't make sense. I mean, his weakness is a little rock. What's Batmans weakness?" I thought for a minute, trying to figure out one. "Women." The way he said that with such a serious face made me bust up laughing. He smiled and chuckled a bit before I playfully slapped him.

He faked hurt and fell to the ground. Pretending to be dead, he stuck his tongue out of his mouth.

He's so cute.

I jumped on top of him and started tickling him. We had a few minutes of a small war before he flipped us so I was on the bottom and he was on the top pinning me down.

I glared at him because he had won. I will need to get him back sometime.

"You are cute when you try to glare, you know that Ammie?" Jacob said. I didn't say anything. I just sat there with him on top of me on his lawn. There was a moment of silence and it started to become awkward...

His face was so perfect, his beautiful eyes looking into mine intently. 

He leaned down slightly so his elbows were curved a little. His eyes flicked down to my lips as our noses brushed, and I felt a shiver go down my body. I saw him smile at that. I could feel his hot breath across my skin and it smelled like wonderful peppermint gum.

Closer, closer, closer...

He was so close I almost felt him against my lips.

He jumped off me when Kira came bursting out the door yelling.

"Hey Jake, I-" She stopped. "What are you doing?"

"Just having fun!" he said.

"You guys barely know each other. It's a little weird. Anyways Jake, I made some steaks for lunch." I realized she was right. I barely knew Jacob and yet here we were, about to kiss. I mean I only met him yesterday! I stood up and brushed myself off.

"I gotta go guys. See you later Kira." I walked away without saying anything to Jake.

Jakes POV

If only Kira hadn't come out I could have kissed Ammie. I had been thinking about it all day and the thought of her soft lips against mine drove me crazy.