Forgiving. Not Forgetting.

Draco's POV

After the Battle of Hogwarts, Voldemort was dramatically defeated by none other than Harry Potter. The majority of the death eaters were sent to Azkaban with no hope of ever returning. One of those death eaters was my father another was my aunt Bellatrix. Although my mother and I posses the Dark Mark, the Minister of Magic understood our sorrow and guilt and he proclaimed us free of all charges.
I was sitting in my home (Malfoy Manor) staring at the fireplace thinking of the nightmare I lived in just a few months previous. My mother hasn't been the same, she missed my father.

"Malfoy! Malfoy!" My mother screamed running towards me holding a letter.
"What is it mother?" I asked dully.
"You have received a letter from Hogwarts"
I snap out of it and look at my mum. She has dark rings underneath her eyes and her cheeks have sunken in. I wonder how long it's been since she's slept or had a decent meal.
I take the letter from her and open it carefully. She stands behind me reading over my shoulder.

To Mr. Draco Malfoy,
It is my greatest honor to welcome you back to Hogwarts School Of Wizardry. After certain circumstances you and your grade didn't properly finish your seventh and final year at Hogwarts. Therefor I, Headmistress Minerva McGonagall ask you to return to Hogwarts on Monday, August 24 to begin and complete your education. I look forward to seeing you then!
~ Professor McGonagall

Mother gasps and I see tears swell up in her eyes. "They have given us a chance! Oh Draco I'm so proud" she exclaims.
My blood boils,
" After what I have done I don't deserve chances, you shouldn't be proud, I'm a murderer" I shout.
I instantly regret every word because my mom just stares at me and silently sobs.
"Wait no mum, don't. Please." I plead.
" No Draco I understand. I'm sorry. I shoul-"
" You have no need to be sorry. I'm sorry." "I'd gladly go back to school" I lie but she doesn't notice as a weak smile appears on her face.
"Thank you Draco" she says quietly before she pulls me in for a tight hug. I tower over her by at least a foot but she doesn't seem to mind as she continues to hug me while muttering something under her breath.
" My dear! You have to begin packing! Have you any idea what today is!?" She yells
"Uhh no...?" I say questioningly
"It is the 23rd! Now go up to your room and begin packing!" She says as she pushes my towards the large staircase.

I go up to my room while mother bustles around the house. Once I'm in I close the door not wanting my mum around.
I sigh and look around at my messy room, on the walls were Slytherin banners and snake symbols. I was proud of my house to say the least. I pulled my trunk from underneath my bed and began to pack.

Ezra's POV

"AHHHH HOGWARTS IS REOPENING" I scream while clutching a letter from the Headmistress.
My mum races to my room followed by my father who was holding my three younger brothers whom are far to young to realize what has occurred at my school a few months back.
"What in the bloody hell did you say Ezra??" I must've frightened her because she never cursed.
"Hogwarts. I'm going back. Tomorrow." I say while jumping on my bed.
My mother smiles up at me. I can tell she is sharing my excitement.
Me, my mum, my dad, Ethan, Evan, and Eden live in a small cottage just outside of London. We of course are all wizards. My family is very close and supportive of each other.

Once we are done with the mini celebration they leave and I begin to pack. Once I'm finished I look around my neat yellow and black room. I smile to myself.

I'm ready for the adventure.