Six

*this chapter is short*

Nyeesha Bennett

(About a month later)

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Nyeesha, we need you boo" Ed spoke.

"For?"

"Bitch you ain't seen us in months, we miss you." I heard Shanita say.

"I miss y'all too" I smiled as if they could see me.

"Good cus we outside," Ed added.

"Outside like now?" I asked as I looked at Chance's face.

"Yes outside now. Like at the door. Like waiting for you to open it for us. Like get ya ass down here now. Like you not about to get no dick cus you about to come with us." Ed said causing me to laugh.

"Okay I'm coming, give me a minute." I said before I hung up.

"Who was that?" Chance asked.

"Ed and Shanita. They're outside,"

"It's cool. Enjoy yourself" he smiled.

"I thought you were going to be mad."

"Nah we can always shop for our princess another time." He pecked my lips. "If you feel any pain or need me, you know what to do." He said as he helped me stand up.

We were going to buy some more things for our baby girl just to pass time and keep me active until I went into labor.

"I love you," I said as I grabbed my purse.

"I love you too, have fun." He wrapped his arms around my neck kissing my cheek. "I'm going to go visit Taylor and Cass." He told me as I walked down the stairs to the front door.

"Okay tell them I said hey." I said as I opened the door.

"Hey boo," Shanita greeted me as she hugged me.

"Hey baby fava'" Ed said to Chance.

"Wassup," Chance gave him a head nod.

"Hey beautiful," Ed greeted me as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Baby have fun," Chance told me as I walked to their car.

We pulled up to the river front.

"You down to walk around? Eat a little bit, then we take you home?" Shanita asked.

"Yeah that's fine." I said as I reached my hand out for Ed to help me out of the front seat.

"Thanks,"

"I can't wait for baby girl to get here, y'all make the cutest babies. I'm gon have to steal one" Ed said.

"Boy bye," I laughed as we started walking down the strip.

"Oooohhhh a funnel cake" I moaned lightly.

"You the only person I know where food'll make you wet" Ed stated.

"Shut the fuck up" I said as I paid for one with blueberries on top.

"Oooh don't be snapping on me pooh, I'll call baby fava' up real quick and snitch on you about eating that. Play with me if you want too," Ed snapped as he pulled his phone out.

"You don't scare me," I said as I started eating some of the blueberries.

"I got him on quick dial." He laughed.

"Speed dial," I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Leave my baby alone," Shanita said as she put her arms around my shoulder.

"Nothing bruh. Nothing" I said as I ate my funnel cake as we continued walking.

*

"Nyeesha, did your fat ass just pee on yourself?" Ed joked.

"Stop," I said. "My water just broke you asshole,"

"Oh shit." He said as he ran to the car.

"I'm gon call Chance," I told Shanita as she helped me to the car.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Baby," I said. "It's time."

"You have any contractions?" He asked.

"Not yet."

"Mercy?" He asked referring to the hospital.

"Yeah,"

"I'll be there when you get there. I love you," he said.

"I love you too." I replied before I hung up.

15 minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. Chance met us in the lobby like he said. After he checked me in, we were escorted to a room.

My contractions were now about 2 minutes apart.

"You can't push until you're dilated more" the doctor spoke as tears spilled out of my eyes.

"You got this baby, just be patient. I'm right here," Chance said as he caressed my cheek while still holding my hand. "Remember when Caleb took his first steps? Then Caden copied him and they learned to walk on the same day?" Chance asked as he tried to distract me causing me to smile.

"It's time to push," the doctor announced as someone busted through the door.

It was Rose.

Rose with a gun.

It was as if time stopped as she aimed the gun at my stomach preparing to take fire.

"Nooo!" I screamed as she pulled the trigger.

________________________
Any questions?

Vote/Comment

Who remembers how Chance & Ny met? 👀

In preparation for the next chapter, go read Chapter 1 of Void to refresh your memory.

It'll be important.