Walking on Thin Ice

NATHANIELS P.O.V. ~

I had really messed up when I got in a fight with Jaxon. I knew he was stronger than me and could've killed me but to be completely honest I really didn't care.

When Sterling reported the fight with my dad, it was safe to say he was beyond pissed with me. If it wasn't for Jinx being Jaxon's mate it could've messed up the treaty with Jaxon's dad and my dad.

I hated the fact that I couldn't have happiness like all the others it wasn't fair. I couldn't grasp or even get close to understanding what I had done to the moon goddess that would make her hate me so much as to match me with a weak human that has a hunter boyfriend.

I wanted to be with her she was beyond perfect and it was slowly killing me. My wolf was beginning to grow weaker, knowing that his other half was giving her love to someone else, and the fact that he was a hunter made it even worse.

My mom has been babying me to say the least because all I did was mope around and cry. My grades were suffering but I didn't really care why should I anymore.

I sighed shaking my head, I opened my bedroom window and jumped out shifting into my wolf half way down. Being in wolf form was the only thing that kept me from going insane anymore.

I heard a snap or a twig and swung around snarling. I was in attack mode, but calmed down when I saw that it was her and she was staring wide eyed at me.

She looked like she was either going go scream her head off or faint. I whimpered loudly as I layed down on my stomach to try and show her I meant absolutely no harm towards her.

She looked like she was in complete shock and all I could do was remain still and hope she didn't freak out and tell her boyfriend about this.

"BABY WHERE DID YOU GO??" I heard her boyfriend shout loudly. I growled loudly and stood up on all fours. My hair was standing up just like a dogs does when it feels threatened.

I heard him getting closer so I turned and took off fast as I could. I couldn't let him see me and risk him spreading the word and hunters come snooping around here looking for all of us. I wouldn't put my family in risk like that.

"Nate what's going on???" Sterling asked through our pack link.

"My mate and her hunter boyfriend are on the hiking trail near the pack house" I answered back.

"Is he hunting, and is she a hunter?" He asked me.

I knew he was asking because if they were hunting and she was a hunter too and they made a move on us they would be killed without a second thought.

"They are not hunting and no she doesn't know anything about the supernatural" I said back, protecting my family and my mate.