Chapter 20

~3rd P.O.V~

Ford grabbed the rope and pulled Mcgucket back. "I got ya, buddy," He said, "What is it? Is it working? What did you see?"

"Ahh! VOTMZRIG IVSKRX OORY," Mcgucket said. "Fiddleford?" Ford said. "When Gravity Falls and earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye," Mcgucket said.

"Fiddleford, get a hold of yourself, you're not making any sense," Ford said, touching him on the shoulder. He jerked away, saying,"This machine is dangerous. You'll bring about the end of the world with this. Destroy it before it destroys us all!"

"I can't destroy this; It's my lifes work!" Ford said. "I fear we've unleashed a grave danger on the world. One I'd just as soon forget. I quit!" Mcgucket said, walking away.

"Fine! I'll do it without you! I don't need you! I don't need anyone!" Ford shouted angrily.

Suddenly, a whispering sound could be heard. "What? Who said that?" Ford said, scared. He backed into a wall for security.

He was in over his head and feared he was losing his sanity. He needed help. From someone he could trust.

At an apartment, Stan was sitting on his bed. He heard someone knocking at the door.

"Just give me a few more days, Rico! I'll pay your goons back, I swear!" He shouted, grabbing a baseball bat.

Someone slotted a postcard through the mail slot. Stan picked it up. It was a postcard from Gravity Falls.

Stan looked out the door and saw a postman leaving. He then looked at the postcard and what was written on it. It said, "PLEASE COME! -FORD"

Stan packed his bags, wore his winterwear and got into the car. And no, he did not pay. 'Gravity Falls eh...' Stan thought. He threw his items at the back of the car and started up his car. He then started his journey to Gravity Falls.

It was snowing. Heavily. Stan parked his car at a corner, grabbed his bag and alighted from his car. Holding on tightly to his woolen hat, he made his way through the thick snow towards the lone building in the forest. The place Ford lives in.

Stan walked up to his door. "You haven't seen your brother in over ten years. It's ok. He won't bite," Stan said. He then knocked on the door nervously. The door swung open almost immediately.

"Who is it? Have you come to steal my eyes?" Ford asked, pointing at crossbow at Stan.

"Well, I can always count on you for a warm welcome," Stan said sarcastically.

"Stanley, did anyone follow you? Anyone at all?" Ford asked with a tint of fear in his eyes.

"Eh... Hello to you too pal..." Stan said. "Ah!" Stan shouted as Ford pulled him into his house, "Ah, hey! What is this?" Ford shone a flashlight into Stan's eyes.

"Sorry, I just had to make sure you weren't... uh, it's nothing. Come in, come in," Ford said, darting away.

"Uh, you gonna explain what's going on, here? You're acting like Mom after her tenth cup of coffee!" Stan said, following him.

Clutching journal 1 tightly in his arms, Ford said, "Listen, there isn't must time. I've made huge mistakes and I don't know who I can trust anymore!"

As he was walking, he turned the head of a skeleton model away from him. "Hey, uh, easy there. Let's talk this through, okay?" Stan asked.