Chapter Two

Picture of Crane.

Viola's POV

The scenery passed by in a green blur, while I watched from the window of the car. The sun was up, shining above in the bright blue sky, the early morning dew caressed my face. The small houses amidst large farm lands looked so cozy making me wonder how it would fell like to stay in the country forever. People were already up and about getting on with their daily routine, making me a little jealous. They were contended and peaceful out here with no worries. I watched them walk by, talking and laughing in excitement. The weather outside was cool and pleasant; I smiled when the chilly morning breeze hit my face, my bangs falling on my eyes, tickling me causing goose bumps to form on my neck. Birds flew above as if trying to keep up with us, chirping and singing those beautiful tunes. The fields on both sides swayed with the wind, it looked like they were moving along with us. It was so beautiful and I took in all the beauty but no matter what I couldn't get enough.

I had been two hours since we've been in the car and the ride itself made me feel so at peace. My friends kept talking and arguing but I tuned them out, wanting to gaze outside with my head resting on the window frame. I didn't want to miss the amazing scenery as it took my breath away. I loved nature, it always made me feel calm and in control. That silence, with a mixture of the slow whooshing of the leaves, the distant melody of the birds and that hoarse yet soothing sound of the wind never failed to lift my spirits up. I always remembered my dad taking me out to the country side to spend time in isolation with nothing but the magnificent nature around.

"Viola. Tell her that you agree with me." Suddenly Sheldon said from behind me. I turned back, annoyed that he dragged me away from my solace. His tousled black hair fell on his forehead and his dark brown eyes glow behind those broad spectacles. His face had those cute boyish features with that cute little smile which always made his face lite up like a Christmas tree. His pale skin, lean muscular body made him look even more handsome and girls craved to date him. Whenever he flashed that nerdy yet dashing smile, it sent their hearts in a frenzy. But he was too much a nerd to even acknowledge them.

I looked at Sally as she giggled. Sally was the exact opposite of me. She had long beautiful blond hair, with those gorgeous grey eyes. Her button nose and full lips made her every boy's fantasy dream girl. She had that attitude which I guessed came with her perfect figure, which every girl in school envied. She was someone everybody wanted to be. It was like she was the whole package, rich, popular and beautiful. But to me, she was the most amazing girlfriend anyone could ever have. We knew each since middle school and had stayed best friends since then.