Chapter Three

Viola's POV

"Alright everybody, let's give a huge New Orleans welcome to the 'Adhesive Five'. Today this terrific and absolutely sick band coming all the way from Oklahoma will be playing some great tunes for us. Come on guys, the stage is yours." The announcer gestured to us. We high fived and ran on stage.

We were a small high school band formed in our freshmen year. Our popularity grew because we were not the stereotype gang. Sally, the schools most popular girl, Sheldon, the hot nerd, Jason the bad boy, Crane the schools quarterback and me the wallflower. Everyone thought it was absurd that we even attempted to form a band together, but we knew that when we were together we created something that nothing in the world could give us. And since everyone told us we wouldn't last and that one day we will all realize that it was stupid, we named ourselves the Adhesive Five. We knew we would stick together no matter what. And we did, creating magic along the way.

I stood in front of the mike and turned my head sideways, sending Crane an excited smile. I turned back and saw Sally lightly tapping her fingers on the electronic piano, Jason twirling the drum sticks between his fingers and Sheldon fiddling with his bass guitar. I looked down at my guitar and tuned it, hitting the string lightly to check the sound. Once we were all ready I looked up at the over crowed pub. Performing here had been Jason's idea, he befriended the pub owner and got us a slot. It was good to be singing in front of new people.

Crane leaned into the mike. "Hey New Orleans. How are you doing this evening?" He screamed. The crowded yelled a mix of awesome, great and ok. Crane chuckled. "Are you ready?" He yelled. There was a chorus of yes and yeah. So nodding he turned and sent me a wink and then he started playing his guitar. Jason and Sally joined him and then I joined in the tune.

Yeah you!

Yeah you!

We sang together and recognizing the song, the youth in the crowd jumped from their seats and ran to the front. They had excitement in their eyes and were screaming in joy. This was so new and amazing that words couldn't hep me describe it. I hit my strings with a new found enthusiasm and turned to look at Crane as he sang.

I used to wanna be

Living like there's only me

and now I spend my time

Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind (yeah you!)