Chapter Five

Crane's POV

She was smiling. Her hands were around my neck. Her lips were dangerously close to mine. I smiled when I noticed she chewed on her lower lip, an evident sign she was nervous. Her hot breathe fanned my face and I felt complete just being there with her, her body perfectly against mine. We belonged together and now it was better than I even dreamed. She brought those beautiful eyes up and stared into mine, reading my soul and I knew it was the perfect moment to seal it with a kiss. I grinned and lowered my head to meet her delicious lips. Just then she pulled back and looked at me in hurt and confusion. I reached out for her but she seemed far away, like I was losing her to an invisible power.

Suddenly we were no longer in the crowded club. She was no longer pressed against me. She was at a great distance and there were tears falling from those amazing eyes. Only this time they looked hollow and dead. I ran to her but every step I took she would seem even further away. I felt breathless and suffocated. She looked at me and I felt her anger hit me in huge terrific waves. 

"You, this is your fault." She yelled. Her long hair was a mess and fell on her face. She looked so in rage I felt scared and just then it began to shake. She began to disappear but her voice grew even louder.

 "Crane. Why Crane. Crane, Crane."

I jerked my eyes open and stared at Sally's face. She was crouched low and was holding my shoulder with a worried expression. "You dozed off. They need to talk to you." She informed me and I nodded quickly and jumped out of the uncomfortable chair I was in. I looked around, officers passed by in hurry, some attained a call, some yelling at one another and some staring at a board filled with pictures. I have been in this office begging, forcing and shaking them to find something about her disappearance. I needed one of them to tell me where was she? I wanted anyone to tell me anything. I was going crazy inside. Every second passed by and I felt that I was drifting away from her. I was standing in the huge office, waiting for an update from the police.

It had been four days since the time she disappeared and we had no clue to her whereabouts. I regretted ever letting her go alone. This was my entire fault. She said she didn't want to go to the club still I had insisted on her coming. I hadn't slept and only left to have a shower. I bunked right here in the office, not leaving until they get an update. And if I did get any shut eye, it'd be full of nightmares, where she hated me and kept telling me this was my fault. My mind was going crazy, and only she could help me.